Netflix Error NW-2-5: Fix On Roku
By williamgreely See all their Tutorials
Both the old and new versions of the Roku can get error NW-2-5
when trying to stream with Netflix. This network connectivity error is common
among devices that have trouble communicating with the Netflix servers. Even if
you have an older Roku, these two fixes should resolve the issue.
Restart The Roku
Unlike other devices capable of streaming, the Roku has a
lot less memory. Clearing out this memory by restarting the system can quickly
resolve a lot of app and internet related problems. Restarting the Roku won’t
delete valuable system data.
1. Unplug the power from the Roku device.
2. Wait at least ten full seconds before plugging it back
3. Once it comes back on, wait for it to boot to the home
4. Open the Netflix app and the problem should be gone.
Restart The Internet
If multiple devices connect to the same modem/router, there
is a small chance that you will run into the error when using Netflix. When
connectivity issues persists after the first fix, restarting your home internet
will clear up the problem.
1. Unplug the Roku from the power outlet.
2. Do the same to the modem and router.
3. Wait a full minute before plugging any of the devices
4. Plug them in using this order: Roku, modem and then
5. Wait until all of the lights are active on the modem and
6. Try to access Netflix again.