Netflix Error NW-2-5: Fix On Xbox 360
By williamgreely See all their Tutorials
The Xbox 360 is the last (7th Generation) of
Microsoft’s gaming console. The Netflix app is quick and efficient when it is
error free. Current users that end up with error NW-2-5 don’t have to panic, as
the fixes below will resolve the situation quickly.
Check The DNS Settings
Bad DNS settings will block or restrict app data on your
console. When faced with this problem, Netflix will throw you error NW-2-5 when
the console can’t communicate with the servers. Cable/DSL providers have their
own settings, so it is safe to use automated settings when possible. This will
use the most compatible DNS setup with your current connection.
1. Press the guide button.
2. Go to “Settings” and from there select “System Settings”.
3. Choose “Network Settings”.
4. Next, select your current network and then “Configure Network”.
5. Choose “DNS Settings” and change it to “Automatic”.
6. Switch the Xbox off.
7. Wait a full minute, and then turn it back on.
8. Try Netflix again.
Test The Internet Connection
Error NW-2-5 means that the Xbox can’t communicate with
Netflix servers. This could have something to do with the current internet connection.
Testing the connection will let you know if it is a problem on your end or on
1. From the main menu select “Settings”.
2. Choose “System Settings”.
3. Select “Network Settings”.
4. Based on your current connection method, choose “Wired”
5. Test your Xbox LIVE connection.
6. If the test is successful, try to log into Netflix again.