Sign in with
Your question

What is a problem? Help

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Anonymous
November 17, 2000 6:14:39 PM

HP Pavilion P-III 700 Mhz, 128 RAM 133 Front-side Bus, 30 GB HD Operating System: Windows 98 SE.

After a while computer just freezes. What do u think it is?

Thanks

More about : problem

November 17, 2000 7:05:39 PM

Need more info, like what are you doing when it freezes?
Also, if it is from HP do you still have a warranty?
You should get them to fix it or if you are lucky replace it with a faster computer all together.
You paid extra money for a brand name computer, you should take advantage of some of the benefits like a warranty.
Anonymous
November 17, 2000 9:14:23 PM

Actually it is not my computer. My friend send me this message and asked me how to solve it. I said it probably the software or memory or cpu. But I wanted to ask you all to make sure what is the exact problem. Cuz he is far from me and I can't say what is a real problem. Someone should have this problem before. So any ideas?

Thanks
Related resources
Anonymous
November 18, 2000 11:01:09 AM

I would assume that it is a software problem...Would really need to know what he would be running at the time...One of my friends had a similar problem w/ a hp 800 MHz Athlon...I used the Hp restore disc and restored the system to the origional settings and that seemed to fix the problem...

Have him check hp's web sites to see if there are any patches/updates that he should download...
Anonymous
November 18, 2000 2:00:25 PM

I'll tell him. Let's him try it. Thanks.
Anonymous
November 24, 2000 8:35:15 AM

It may also be a cooling issue - does the motherboard tell you CPU temps ? Monitoring these could help - is the fan rated for that chip ?

===
Do unto others before they do unto you...
Anonymous
November 24, 2000 8:35:58 AM

Oh yeah, and personally I have had truckloads of problems with W98 SE

===
Do unto others before they do unto you...
!