Scariest Game Everrrrrr!

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I havent played many but CLive Barker's Undying surely did make me pee in the pants. And probably DooMIII will too

My computer NEVER cras...DOH!.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Ive played this game and enjoyed it much. This game is probably not for people with heart disease!

Submit your opinion <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28537#28537" target="_new"> Should Tom Fire Omid? </A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Back in the day, wayyy back, Pyramid of Pearl scared the crap out of me. Used to play it in the dark for an extra effect.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Quake II messed me up good a few times.

TRESSPASSER!!!

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

dhlucke

Polypheme
The dinosaur game? That game was so buggy that I just stopped playing.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Is there an undying II in the making?
How was sytem shock i have heard a lot about it.
I preferred to play Undying in the dark and midnight but that was too damn scary so i had to put some music on :p

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, Quake 2 made me jump every once in awhile. Alien v. Predator also had it's "out-of-the-dark" surprises.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
The first resident evil on the Playstation. I remember that part when the dog crashed through the window and my heart skipping a beat.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It wasn't all that scary really, it's just that there were a lot of startling situations. You'd be in a huge fire fight, kill everyone, and then go exploring a bit to catch your breath and get out of the room. You walk by a box and out from the dark corner jumps out one of those metal hook armed guys "TRESSPASSER!!!"

It just startles you a bit.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "scary" then. If you mean "spooky," well...I haven't really played a game that was really scary. Not like watching Poltergeist or The Exorcist or something. I haven't played Undying, though. Maybe I'll check it out. I've had two games that were supposed to be scary--Phantasmagoria and Nocturne. They were both fairly cool, but neither one was scary.

Of course, I lived near Hollywood for awhile, and after seeing the weirdos up there, nothing really scares me any more. :smile:

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Yea i manly mean the out of the dark surprises.If you want an all out scary game then carnivores was one spooky game with its environments and sounds and the way the dinos ran at you tha was good. Talking about phantasmagoria that was one scary game i've read a lot about it (never played it though)
Not that this concerns the subject but Myst III is out is it good?? i read a lot about myst the sequel to riven and how u had to note down things to solve mysteries and stuff but that was 5 years ago and my Comp couldnt do SH** back then.

I thought Aliens vs Predator was bad, but Aliens vs Predator 2 playing as the marine could probably cause a heart attack, you have to take a break every now and then and remind yourself its just a game.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Hehe! He was talking about Quake2...one of the cyborg monsters would yell "Trespasser!" right before killing you with his sword-arms. And he was a bad-ass monster in the game, so you didn't really enjoy hearing that.

r2k

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
Clive Barker's Undying.

It was spooky and scary enough to make me give up and find cheat codes for it. And I hated those [-peep-] skeletons.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
half life had some startling aspects to it, those stupid head crabs liked to hide in vents and around corners. it was almost imposible to avoid getting attacked by them. your just walking along cant see anything, then whack! doom used to scare me pretty good, i was a lot younger then too. first time i got to the part with that pink bulldog monster thing, that was invisible, i had to quit. lol

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
It's kinda funny to see these things hanging on the cieling waiting for me (before entering a room while looking upwards)

Submit your opinion <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28537#28537" target="_new"> Should Tom Fire Omid? </A>

Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
nar return to castle wolvenstein played at one in the morning with lights off at the arckilogical dig part scared the crap out of me somethin silly

THE IDEA OF WAR IS NOT TO DIE FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT TO MAKE THEM DIE FOR THERES