WTS: AMD gaming system including monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Ill go down the list of the appraisal:

Keep in mind these are optimistic appraisals that benefit the seller. If you wish to bargain from my appraisal, your not being cheap. If you think an appraisal I gave is wrong tell me why and how much it should go for.

See spoiler to see the part by part appraisal. otherwise check the bottom of the post.

Case: $65~ max shipped. Would be worse but it is definitely a nice case, as long as everything included in the case comes with the case (screws/boxes etc) and it's in good condition it's worth $65. If it's not start deducting.

Power supply... $30 tops to someone who wants a ticking timebomb. It's Wintech OEM psu. Read spoiler for more info.
The power supply is from a series of Wintech oem rebranded Ultra power supplies (FSP/Ultra x2=Wintech's same design) which received horrible reviews (That one is the Ultra x2 which is the same as the LSP 750w but modular, from Wintech):
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article/2008/02/06/ultra_x2_extreme_edition_750w_power_supply/9

Asus M3n78-VM.... $45 max considering technology advances... There's better motherboards for the same price as the "new" price of this motherboard. Even if it was new I would appraise it at $60.

Phenom II x4 965 BE, this is probably going to retain the most value if you have a receipt that says it was bought 4 months ago. $170 shipped as long as it's in tip top "like new" shape. (No bent pins, no mistreated heatsink etc)

6gb of PC2-5300 DDR2.... Maximum of $60 for the whole 6gbs. I don't need to explain why... 667 mhz... $300 My laptop has 667 mhz ram...

GTX 260 216 is overpriced. Greedy nvidia never lower the price as it should have since the HD 4870 was seen hitting $130 and competing/beating the GTX 260 before it's disappearance. Now the HD 5770 competes with it but is far better due to less power usage, and newer technology. $120 shipped.

1TB Western Digital Black.... I already bought like 3 from craigslists for $50 a pop, new OEM sealed from two different people. I would estimate it's value at around $45~ shipped.

DVD burner= $23 shipped on newegg, brand new with 1 year warranty. Used DVD burner=$13-$15 shipped.

23" LG Flatron LCD.... Tough one, very tough. I would appraise it at $140~ if it comes with receipt/ box/ cables/etc... Anyone care to confirm $140 is fine ?[/i]

Keyboard= Free... just keep it OP or give it away with the whole setup.

Mouse= $18~ sells for $30 new on amazon.

Windows 7 Ultimate.... If it's legit it can be worth something. I wont appraise this until OP confirms it is a legit copy. Or if it isnt a legit copy.. well just dont say anything :p
Total Appraisal:
$708 shipped.

salvilla

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I agree with AsAnAtheist. That monitor has been able to be had for as little as $135 refurbished. In my opinion, something used is equivalent to something refurbished. Furthermore, give it a month and the value of most of the components goes down. Depreciation is a b..ch. I think $700 is more than fair. You mentioned the manufacturer warranties, but do you have a receipt for every component? Furthermore, I don't believe that most warranties are transferable. If you registered a product, the warranty is invalid if you sale the product.

hodgedogg

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I actually think your reasoning is pretty good here. I actually do have all the receipts for every component and all packaging including case. I would sell this system for $700.00 but I will not ship. You are too high on the processor though. I do have a 4 month old receipt for it, but it was only 186.00 new.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

What price where you thinking for the processor.

Also if your not including shipping then you need to lower the shipping from the price of the item. I know that shipping the monitor and tower will be a very costly endeavor probably $90+-.. Also I would find it critical to put insurance on it when shipping it, as the monitor may be handled roughly, which should be paid for by the SELLER not the buyer. This is because the seller is already mandated by law to provide the delivery of the goods in a secure platform, if he fails to package correctly or order the correct handling of the goods then he is liable not the buyer, so if the goods get damaged the seller is going to have to refund and end up with broken goods the insurance really is not to protect the buyer but the seller therefore the burden of cost lies to the seller. Unless of course the buyer is silly enough to agree to a "No Dead on Delivery" policy agreement.

I cannot say this system is worth over $700 at all, like I mentioned those prices are optimistic for the seller. If I was buying the system I would most definitely bargain if your not including shipping as for over $700, you can easily build a new system with similar or superior specs for a little over $800 brand new shipped.

hodgedogg

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
actually, you can not build this system for $800.00 I added all parts together from Newegg. (everything is still available) total was $1297 including shipping. That's for exact parts. No matter, I'm going to part it out anyway. Thanks. I'm selling the processor for 130 though.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

I can build a system similar or better specs to that. For $800. If I were to use those exact parts I'd be a getting ripped off.

Anyways at $130 for the processor. Shame I already spent some $$ on some crucial hardware tools. I would of bought it myself lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.