Internet Exporer window size

Internet Explorer 6 opens its window at the size I last used it (I think).
But when I open something in a new window using right click, it can be any
size. I want to be able to set this size somehow. Perhaps I have to close
the windows in a certain order, but I can't remember which order I opened
them in.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet exporer window size

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:51:03 -0800, Sebastian wrote:

    > Internet Explorer 6 opens its window at the size I last used it (I think).
    > But when I open something in a new window using right click, it can be any
    > size. I want to be able to set this size somehow. Perhaps I have to close
    > the windows in a certain order, but I can't remember which order I opened
    > them in.

    There are basically two window states remembered for IE:

    The initial window that is opened. This one can be maximized for the size
    to be remembered.

    Then there are secondary windows: Ones opened from clicked URLs or from
    another page. This window remembers the size last used. You can resize
    manually with the mouse. Then use File|Close to dismiss the window and to
    have this size remembered.

    NOTE: This window will have to be reset on occasion. Example: After
    closing all browser windows, you discover a "pop-under" ad and close it.
    The next time you call up a secondary window it will have to be resized
    again. A bit of extra attention - close those small extra windows first -
    can help to prolong the life span of your resizing work.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    "Sharon F" wrote:

    >This window remembers the size last used. You can resize
    > manually with the mouse. Then use File|Close to dismiss the window and to
    > have this size remembered.

    That looks really helpful - thank you.

Microsoft Internet Windows XP