Hot do I install XP over a network?

I've got a Fujitsu 3400 Tablet pc without a cd-romdrive, and i wish to
install windows XP over the network... Can this be done via the cd-romplayer
in my desktop computer? How do i do this?

There is nothing on my tablet pc whatsoever... i only have a floppy-drive
and a network connection.
5 answers Last reply
More about install network

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:01:05 -0800, [Koen] wrote:

    > I've got a Fujitsu 3400 Tablet pc without a cd-romdrive, and i wish to
    > install windows XP over the network... Can this be done via the cd-romplayer
    > in my desktop computer? How do i do this?
    >
    > There is nothing on my tablet pc whatsoever... i only have a floppy-drive
    > and a network connection.

    If the tablet allows a network boot: yes, this is possible. I'm surprised
    that Fujitsu didn't offer a better method for restoring the tablet. Be sure
    to check the system's manual for any hidden "gotchas." You should be able
    to find a copy on the CD that came with the tablet or online at Fujitsu's
    site.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thanks, but i couldn't find out how to use the network boot...
    Eventually i used "Bart's network boot disk" to boot into dos with network
    possibility.
    I've installed windows xp off a cd-drive in a other network computer.

    I used to have windows XP tablet edition on the tablet though... i don't
    understand how i can install that... Can anyone help?

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:18:01 -0800, [Koen] wrote:

    > Thanks, but i couldn't find out how to use the network boot...
    > Eventually i used "Bart's network boot disk" to boot into dos with network
    > possibility.
    > I've installed windows xp off a cd-drive in a other network computer.
    >
    > I used to have windows XP tablet edition on the tablet though... i don't
    > understand how i can install that... Can anyone help?

    It sounds like you've installed plain XP Pro. The installation CD for
    Tablet PC's is specifically for this platform (XP Pro plus tablet
    extensions). The extensions are installed automatically when the
    specialized tablet hardware is detected.

    Double check the CD you used to see if it has a tablet folder. If found,
    look for an INF file in the folder that can be used to add on the
    extensions (right click and choose Install). You *might* be able to correct
    your installation in this manner.

    Otherwise, you'll need to hook up with Fujitsu's tech support. If you do
    not have the original installation media that came with the system, they
    should be able to provide you with a replacement copy.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi
    I've got a similar problem with a Packard Bell laptop.
    CD rom dead.
    C drive formatted.
    Laptop is able to boot from network.
    Anyone know how to install XP over a net work?

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:03:21 +0000 (UTC), Abacus wrote:

    > Hi
    > I've got a similar problem with a Packard Bell laptop.
    > CD rom dead.
    > C drive formatted.
    > Laptop is able to boot from network.
    > Anyone know how to install XP over a net work?

    Check the setup documentation on the XP CD. Many setup scenarios described
    in detail there. Since this is to be done over a network, you may want to
    look at the sysprep tools on the XP CD as well.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Tablets CD-Rom Windows XP