Hot do I install XP over a network?

I've got a Fujitsu 3400 Tablet pc without a cd-romdrive, and i wish to
install windows XP over the network... Can this be done via the cd-romplayer
in my desktop computer? How do i do this?

There is nothing on my tablet pc whatsoever... i only have a floppy-drive
and a network connection.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:01:05 -0800, [Koen] wrote:

> I've got a Fujitsu 3400 Tablet pc without a cd-romdrive, and i wish to
> install windows XP over the network... Can this be done via the cd-romplayer
> in my desktop computer? How do i do this?
>
> There is nothing on my tablet pc whatsoever... i only have a floppy-drive
> and a network connection.

If the tablet allows a network boot: yes, this is possible. I'm surprised
that Fujitsu didn't offer a better method for restoring the tablet. Be sure
to check the system's manual for any hidden "gotchas." You should be able
to find a copy on the CD that came with the tablet or online at Fujitsu's
site.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thanks, but i couldn't find out how to use the network boot...
Eventually i used "Bart's network boot disk" to boot into dos with network
possibility.
I've installed windows xp off a cd-drive in a other network computer.

I used to have windows XP tablet edition on the tablet though... i don't
understand how i can install that... Can anyone help?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:18:01 -0800, [Koen] wrote:

> Thanks, but i couldn't find out how to use the network boot...
> Eventually i used "Bart's network boot disk" to boot into dos with network
> possibility.
> I've installed windows xp off a cd-drive in a other network computer.
>
> I used to have windows XP tablet edition on the tablet though... i don't
> understand how i can install that... Can anyone help?

It sounds like you've installed plain XP Pro. The installation CD for
Tablet PC's is specifically for this platform (XP Pro plus tablet
extensions). The extensions are installed automatically when the
specialized tablet hardware is detected.

Double check the CD you used to see if it has a tablet folder. If found,
look for an INF file in the folder that can be used to add on the
extensions (right click and choose Install). You *might* be able to correct
your installation in this manner.

Otherwise, you'll need to hook up with Fujitsu's tech support. If you do
not have the original installation media that came with the system, they
should be able to provide you with a replacement copy.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi
I've got a similar problem with a Packard Bell laptop.
CD rom dead.
C drive formatted.
Laptop is able to boot from network.
Anyone know how to install XP over a net work?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:03:21 +0000 (UTC), Abacus wrote:

> Hi
> I've got a similar problem with a Packard Bell laptop.
> CD rom dead.
> C drive formatted.
> Laptop is able to boot from network.
> Anyone know how to install XP over a net work?

Check the setup documentation on the XP CD. Many setup scenarios described
in detail there. Since this is to be done over a network, you may want to
look at the sysprep tools on the XP CD as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User