Verizon Wireless LD charges confusion...

Jones

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

I'm currently looking into getting a cellular line with Verizon
Wireless but am getting conflicting information from both customer
service at Verizon Wireless as well as the dealers. My question is:
Does the $34.99 (if offered) provide for included LD to Canada (ie: no
additional charges aside from airtime usage?) My alternative would be
to go with the $39.99 plan if that does have the LD to Canada.

Any one know if any other carriers provide "included" LD to Canada?

Jones <dna0603@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm currently looking into getting a cellular line with Verizon
> Wireless but am getting conflicting information from both customer
> service at Verizon Wireless as well as the dealers. My question is:
> Does the $34.99 (if offered) provide for included LD to Canada (ie: no
> additional charges aside from airtime usage?) My alternative would be
> to go with the $39.99 plan if that does have the LD to Canada.
>
> Any one know if any other carriers provide "included" LD to Canada?

Answered in the Sprint PCS group, one of the other groups you posted this to.

On 5 Jun 2004 20:11:16 -0700, dna0603@yahoo.com (Jones) wrote:
>I'm currently looking into getting a cellular line with Verizon
>Wireless but am getting conflicting information from both customer
>service at Verizon Wireless as well as the dealers. My question is:
>Does the $34.99 (if offered) provide for included LD to Canada (ie: no
>additional charges aside from airtime usage?)

No, it doesn't, as of May 10, 2004.

>My alternative would be
>to go with the $39.99 plan if that does have the LD to Canada.

No, it doesn't include LD to Canada, either.

>Any one know if any other carriers provide "included" LD to Canada?

Verizon Wireless used to provide this as part of its $34.99 plan in some
markets, but they downgraded their service offerings and removed this
feature from new or renewed plans. You'll have to pay at least $59.99
per month to get a plan which includes LD to Canada.

I'm currently writing a letter to one of Verizon Wireless's vice
presidents on this downgrade of service.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Bob Scheurle" <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote in message
> On 5 Jun 2004 20:11:16 -0700, dna0603@yahoo.com (Jones) wrote:
> >I'm currently looking into getting a cellular line with Verizon
> >Wireless but am getting conflicting information from both customer
> >service at Verizon Wireless as well as the dealers. My question is:
> >Does the $34.99 (if offered) provide for included LD to Canada (ie: no
> >additional charges aside from airtime usage?)
>
> No, it doesn't, as of May 10, 2004.
>
> >My alternative would be
> >to go with the $39.99 plan if that does have the LD to Canada.
>
> No, it doesn't include LD to Canada, either.
>
> >Any one know if any other carriers provide "included" LD to Canada?
>
> Verizon Wireless used to provide this as part of its $34.99 plan in some
> markets, but they downgraded their service offerings and removed this
> feature from new or renewed plans. You'll have to pay at least $59.99
> per month to get a plan which includes LD to Canada.

Does Americas choice >$59.99 have LD to Canada?

"George" <George@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>> Verizon Wireless used to provide this as part of its $34.99 plan in
>> some markets, but they downgraded their service offerings and
>> removed this feature from new or renewed plans. You'll have to pay
>> at least $59.99 per month to get a plan which includes LD to Canada.
>

> Does Americas choice >$59.99 have LD to Canada?

Theres just plain old "Americas Choice" (and the answer to that is no),

and there is "North Americas Choice" (Notice the word NORTH added, does have
it)

While the plans for it (NORTH Americas Choice) start at about $39, be aware
that some of the free promos are only US oriented and won't be available (IE
like free N&W and unlimited in-network).

"Bob Scheurle" <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote in message
> Verizon Wireless used to provide this as part of its $34.99 plan in some
> markets, but they downgraded their service offerings and removed this
> feature from new or renewed plans. You'll have to pay at least $59.99
> per month to get a plan which includes LD to Canada.
>
> I'm currently writing a letter to one of Verizon Wireless's vice
> presidents on this downgrade of service.

While you're at it, remind him of the rest of the recent take-always under
an existing contract/customer service agreement that they (but not you) are
free to modify at any time!!

The ones that come immediately to mind include free calls to voice mail,
free detailed billing, 24 hour customer service, discretion by company
stores sales agents to make adjustments on the spot. I'm sure I'm missing
some...

Seems to me their position is since they do have pretty good service, they
can whipsaw the customer, play take-away and not offer any of the goodies
the other companies offer like rollover minutes, free incoming calls, etc.

I used to like them as a company-- but I'll take advantage of them and screw
them any chance I get now--- just like they're doing to us!!

Dan'l.

>any of the goodies
>the other companies offer like rollover minutes, free incoming calls, etc.

Which you have to pay extra for and sign a extended agreement. I work for VZW
and I've read Sprints website, where these extra's are listed. The other
companies that offer this do charge you extra, and you have to sign an
additional contract. Thats why VZW isn't "offering" those incentives.

"Fholycross" <fholycross@aol.com> wrote in message
> >any of the goodies
> >the other companies offer like rollover minutes, free incoming calls,
etc.

> Which you have to pay extra for and sign a extended agreement. I work for
VZW
> and I've read Sprints website, where these extra's are listed. The other
> companies that offer this do charge you extra, and you have to sign an
> additional contract. Thats why VZW isn't "offering" those incentives.

Not quite accurate-- rollover is part of the basic package at Cingular and
T-Mobile has free incomers as part of their basic rate structure-- no
contract extension/extra fee required.

Dan'l.