Solved

Webcam turn on feature

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Webcams
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2010 10:17:07 AM

Hello,i have windows 7 and a webcam but cannot find how to turn on my webcam, it is built i the machine is a compaq netbook, the driver is installed and working, i just cant find an application to start the webcam

More about : webcam turn feature

August 22, 2010 12:43:28 PM

Would help if we had a little more information, but you should find the options within many IM programs, like Live Messenger, SkyPe and Yahoo!.

Access to webcam only was removed in the recent versions of Live Messenger and you can only do video calls unless you backdate to 14.0.8089.726 and below.

With each they have wizards, SkyPe has options and then video settings. MSN has Tools => Audio and Video Setup... to correctly setup and Yahoo I don't know but should be similar.
m
l

Best solution

August 24, 2010 9:15:56 PM

Take a look at this site. It gives you a step by step guide on how to enable your webcam. You may already know this information but I thought I would give it to you just in case you are missing a step. Keep me posted!

http://www.ehow.com/how_6111588_reinstall-built_in-webc...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
Related resources
September 3, 2010 1:07:47 PM

bmathews said:
Take a look at this site. It gives you a step by step guide on how to enable your webcam. You may already know this information but I thought I would give it to you just in case you are missing a step. Keep me posted!

http://www.ehow.com/how_6111588_reinstall-built_in-webc...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

Hi The driver is fine and opreating ok but there is no icon or application to open the webcam still,like i had before i installed windows 7, i did download the site you sugested and paid for the deiver wizzard but that said ny driver was uptodate.
Kind regards
m
l
September 3, 2010 2:16:50 PM

Best answer selected by macor101.
m
l