Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need more console like games for pc

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Consoles
  • Games
  • Playstation
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 3, 2008 12:23:03 AM

I use to be a console only gamer, now i am all pc except playing guitar hero ect at some1's party:) 


The thing i miss is: I miss the type of games and play style the console's had.

I loved Final Fantasy X on Ps2, and i liked Tiger woods PGA 2004 on PS2, and i liked the soul caliber/tekken types of games as well.



I loved tiger woods pga 2004 so much i got it for the pc, only to find out the pc version sucks balls in comparrison too it, they are too totally different games and experiences:(  i dont like crappy ports over to the pc. But one port i love is Devil May Cry4 this game is the exact same as console and it PWNS:) 


I think we need more console type of games for pc:) 


Thank god i can get some console gameplay from PCSX2:)  FTW.



So what do all u guys think? Im not all about just fps or keyboard and mouse, i like to plug in my wanna be ps2 controller and play like console style.

IMO PC should do it all:) 

More about : console games

August 3, 2008 12:36:38 AM

i hope you have donned a flamesuit of the highest quality! ;) 

I agree though that the PC should do it all...but isn't that why you can buy gamepads, joysticks, flight controls, steering columns, pedals, throttles for flight sim, force feedback equipment, and a virtually unlimited number of audio/video configurations?

Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd make decent ports of all good console games for the pc (like Mass Effect for instance)...but I also love getting those engrossing, complex pc exclusives!
August 3, 2008 2:14:46 AM

yeah, i love pc gaming and alot of pc exclusive games, but i wouldnt mind a few good ports, and the ports that we got where the same but with enhanced graphics settings cause we pc owners can crank it up a notch.


But the fact is the most played game that is pc exclusive is World of Warcraft LOL, and yes i wasted a year playing it but ICH!! lol Im more into the not waste your life away games that u can hop on and hop at anytime u want too and not have to waste your life away playing.


I would not mind some big console titles coming over to pc and be the exact same as there counterpart.


My main gripe i guess is, alot of the ports we get suck in comparrison to the console version and that sucks:( 
Related resources
August 3, 2008 2:41:10 AM

Exclusives are the best titles on any platform as in most cases, they're built from the ground up for that specific platform.
August 3, 2008 3:36:34 AM

I don't think any PC gamer would disagree that it would be great to have all of the console titles ported (and ported well) to the PC. 'The Force Unleashed' and 'Fable 2' (both console exclusives) come to mind.

Seriously?......you want a controller.....over keyboard/mouse......I don't understand that.
August 3, 2008 4:16:29 AM

I'd like to see GTA 4 on PC, other than that - it'd be nice to see an actual competent porting of the Resident Evil series, but thats about where my interest ends in console games.

I can't really think of any other console game i'd like to see on PC that isn't already on PC.
August 3, 2008 7:54:34 AM

MrJanderson said:
I don't think any PC gamer would disagree that it would be great to have all of the console titles ported (and ported well) to the PC. 'The Force Unleashed' and 'Fable 2' (both console exclusives) come to mind.

Seriously?......you want a controller.....over keyboard/mouse......I don't understand that.



I do not want a controller over a mouse and keybord, its just some of the games i like are "the suck" with keyboard and mouse as a set up IE: Try to play Devil May Cry4 on a mouse and key board:p 
August 3, 2008 3:53:50 PM

Mass Effect wasn't a good "port?" This is news to me... I was under the impression they rebuilt it, improved the graphics and UI, and made a game that freaking rocked.
August 3, 2008 5:49:27 PM

My problem with console ports is that, generally speaking, the level design is not well suited to a PC. Not much going on vertically, everything is on the horizontal plane and simpler.

Hey, what do you need to do to get the PCSX2 to work? Do you need to have the playstation disc, or do you just download them?
August 4, 2008 3:48:14 AM

SnareSpectre said:
Mass Effect wasn't a good "port?" This is news to me... I was under the impression they rebuilt it, improved the graphics and UI, and made a game that freaking rocked.


if you were referring to my post, i stated that mass effect was a good port. As for the keyboard/mouse issue...i can never adjust to the gamepad...there's just nothing it can do that a keyboard can't! I do agree on the control problems with some ports...*cough* indigo prophecy....
August 4, 2008 4:13:13 AM

San Pedro said:
My problem with console ports is that, generally speaking, the level design is not well suited to a PC. Not much going on vertically, everything is on the horizontal plane and simpler.

Hey, what do you need to do to get the PCSX2 to work? Do you need to have the playstation disc, or do you just download them?



All you need to do is download the ISO (game image) of the game. But u have to have the bios/bios's before u can run the game. Basically if u wanna run ps2 games on pcsx2 on pc you must dump the bios from your ps2, there is other ways to get the ps2 bios's but i wont talk bout that:p 
August 4, 2008 11:04:29 AM

Quote:
IMO PC should do it all:) 

Agreed 100%.
Nice to see other people here think the same.

BTW, Square is going to be releasing The Last Remnant on PC. Don't know how that will compare to FF, but should be similar enough, I think.
I'm hoping they'll decide to release FFXIII on the PC eventually as well, just as long as it's better than 12 was. FFX was the last good FF game I played.
August 4, 2008 9:36:17 PM

I wouldnt get my hopes up about FFXIII getting ported to the PC. Im surprised they are doing The Last Remnent for the pc because it certainly seems through the years that square pretty much writes off the pc market. Since I dont really count FFXI, I believe the only ports they made of the FF games to pc were 7 and 8 (Honestly i dont pay much attention to FF games anymore so if the newer ones made it to pc then my mistake) and they were not ported well at all and didnt utilize the extra power.
August 5, 2008 4:00:55 AM

Um.... Buy a console?
August 5, 2008 10:09:02 AM

beatnik said:
I wouldnt get my hopes up about FFXIII getting ported to the PC. Im surprised they are doing The Last Remnent for the pc because it certainly seems through the years that square pretty much writes off the pc market. Since I dont really count FFXI, I believe the only ports they made of the FF games to pc were 7 and 8 (Honestly i dont pay much attention to FF games anymore so if the newer ones made it to pc then my mistake) and they were not ported well at all and didnt utilize the extra power.

True, the last FF ported to PC was 8, but it was a direct port, so unfortunately they didn't change anything or buff it up visually to harness the power of PCs at the time.
Regardless, this might change, especially seeing as this time around it's also being developed for the X360, which uses an architecture similar to PCs. That should make it pretty easy to port, and with some work on the textures some optimizations here and there and enough QA it could be great on PCs.

jaguarskx said:
Um.... Buy a console?

That's the whole point. Why should we have to buy a console to enjoy a couple of games that would be just as enjoyable (if not more) on our PCs?
Disregarding the fact that consoles, at least in my part of the world, cost as much as building another decent gaming PC would, and that console games cost twice as much as PC games do, PCs undoubtedly have superior hardware, can display much higher resolutions than consoles, give better visuals and framerates, and I'll reiterate what I mentioned in another thread about the PC being the most flexible platform of them all, which gives you the freedom to play any game in any way that suits you, be it a laid back console-style play (just hook up your PC to a TV, get a gamepad and play) or the normal PC gaming style, up close and personal to your monitor or any other type of playing style (using the numerous gadgets and peripherals existing for PCs, one of the weirdest I've heard of would be the Neural Impulse Actuator... and yes there is such a thing lol :p ).
PC gaming should do it all, seeing as the PC can do anything and everything better than any other platform. Sure it needs configuration and tweaking, but that's where consoles come in. They're simpler, just plug and play, but then again that's not what I'm personally looking for.
I see no reason why PC gaming should be restricted to only FPSs, RTSs and MMOs. It just doesn't make any sense to me, considering all the options you have with PCs. I didn't mention RPGs, since we don't even get many of those anymore.

August 5, 2008 1:18:06 PM

Anyone know if there will be a PC release for Rock Band (1 or 2)? It seems that there will not be. Which I find odd, since it IS made by MS.

I see that Guitar Hero is on track with PC gamers, but why not Rock Band?

I don't want to buy a damn console just for one game, when my gaming rig can blow it away.
August 5, 2008 1:26:38 PM

rayzor said:
if you were referring to my post, i stated that mass effect was a good port. As for the keyboard/mouse issue...i can never adjust to the gamepad...there's just nothing it can do that a keyboard can't! I do agree on the control problems with some ports...*cough* indigo prophecy....


My bad, rayzor - I read that incorrectly. At first it looked like you meant Mass Effect was a good console game, and you wished they had made a good port of it. I guess it's all in the syntax, lol. I personally wondered how anyone could stand it on the 360, with an average frame rate of like -40.
!