problems with internet explorer & windows media player

November 12, 2004 10:13:02 PM

how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them back to
original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
player for broadband connection?
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 1:48:48 AM

To make Internet Explorer the default:

Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs tab > place a checkmark
in 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser'
> click the Apply button.

The next time you start Internet Explorer you'll be asked if you want
Internet Explorer to be the default browser.

To make Windows Media Player the default:

Open Windows Media Player and go to Tools > Options > File Types tab > place
a checkmark in Select All > click the Apply button.

Ted Zieglar

"Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them back
> original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
> player for broadband connection?
November 13, 2004 1:53:00 AM

You don't have to reinstall; just open them from their folders (iexplore.exe
and wmplayer.exe) and check Options for "default browser/player." Of course,
on opening you might get the 'default browser etc dialog box.'
Michael
"Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them back
> original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
> player for broadband connection?
November 13, 2004 11:42:01 AM

"Michael" wrote:

> You don't have to reinstall; just open them from their folders (iexplore.exe
> and wmplayer.exe) and check Options for "default browser/player." Of course,
> on opening you might get the 'default browser etc dialog box.'
> Michael
> "Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them back
> > original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
> > player for broadband connection?
>

> O.K.....now how do I set the connection in Internet explorer so I can be online with a broadband connection?
November 14, 2004 1:01:11 AM

"Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<DE841407-EEE5-4842-80B6-5AE66C37E15D@microsoft.com>...
> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > You don't have to reinstall; just open them from their folders (iexplore.exe
> > and wmplayer.exe) and check Options for "default browser/player." Of course,
> > on opening you might get the 'default browser etc dialog box.'
> > Michael
> > "Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them back
> > > original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
> > > player for broadband connection?
> >

> > O.K.....now how do I set the connection in Internet explorer so I can be online with a broadband connection?

Hello - It shouldn't matter what kind of connection you have
(broadband or otherwise). The browser you set as the default will be
the browser you always use.

You can also go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, click on
Set Program Access and Defaults. From there, you can select defaults
for your browser, e-mail client, media player, messaging program, &
Java virtual machine.

Hope this helps.

_KJH
http://gizmosforgeeks.com
November 14, 2004 1:03:20 PM

IE/Tools/Inetenet Options/Connections/pick Never Dial A Connection; LAN
Settings/Automatically detect settings.
That's how I have it setup and I use wifi - lan - router-cable and dialup.
Michael

"Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D E841407-EEE5-4842-80B6-5AE66C37E15D@microsoft.com...

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> You don't have to reinstall; just open them from their folders
>> (iexplore.exe
>> and wmplayer.exe) and check Options for "default browser/player." Of
>> course,
>> on opening you might get the 'default browser etc dialog box.'
>> Michael
>> "Chefmark" <Chefmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > how can i "reinstall" internet explorer and media player to set them
>> > back
>> > original working order so i can set them up as default browser & media
>> > player for broadband connection?
>>

>> O.K.....now how do I set the connection in Internet explorer so I can be
>> online with a broadband connection?
December 5, 2004 8:05:03 PM

To reinstall IExplorer, use your Operating System disk that came with your
PC. When it's in a window pops up asking what you want to do. Click on the
'additional components' button, then UNcheck the Internet Explorer (leave the
others ALONE) and click to finish. After it says IE is out, close the
window. Then open your disk drive again (under My Computer) and click
'additional components' again and REcheck the Internet Explorer (again leave
the others alone). When you click to finish it will reinstall IE. I just had
to do that myself for a problem.... Didn't fix mine, though. Know anything
about Rich Text not working online or Media Player not allowing downloads
from email? I have Windows XP and have tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem,
but nothing works. Ugh.

!