Siren: Blood Curse Review

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I loved Siren: Blood Curse and felt like it was completely worth the $40 for all 12 episodes. I'm a pretty big survival horror fan and was pretty disappointed with Resident Evil 4 and I expect to be disappointed with Resident Evil 5 because I feel as though they've really lost the survival horror aspect that made the old Resident Evil games so much fun. While Siren's objectives are generally pretty easy to follow, there are moments where it's quite confusing.(killing the Shibito brain with the wooden steak to get past the maggot Shibito was pretty hard to figure out) and there are moments where you can't fight your way through as you could in Resident Evil 4 as killing more than one enemy alone can be challenging without a serious weapon. My biggest beef with the game is the fact that the episodes have to be downloaded and installed individually, and all 12 together takes up 9070MB on your hard drive. You can delete any episode at any time and always have the ability to re-download it, but I can imagine this will cause some people to wait for the Blu-ray release later this year. Luckily, upgrading the hard drive in the PS3 is quite simple and I'm now sitting with a much more comfortable, 200GB 7200RPM drive.