Belkin wireless routers 7230 and 7231

I'm a bit confused about two Belkin products: F5D7230-4 and F5D7231-4. The
7230 mentions "54g" technology, but they both look like the same unit with
the same specs and are backwards compatible with 802.11b. Is this a
software upgrade or am I getting a different (better?) unit with the 7230?
Can anyone believe the claim of 1800' range?
1 answer Last reply
More about belkin wireless routers 7230 7231

    In short, the difference is that the newer Belkin is their version of
    the "high Speed" router. (up to 108 MBps)

    Belkin F5D7231-4 ( High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router )
    Belkin F5D7230-4 ( 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router )

    F5D7231-4:
    Advantages
    • Connect your cable or DSL modem to allow your computers to
    share broadband Internet access, music files, printers, and hard
    drives
    • 35% faster than 802.11g
    • 6-months of free built-in Parental Control/Web Content
    Filtering
    • 6-months of free Pop-up, Adware, and Spyware blocker
    • Advanced security features including WEP and WPA
    • Complies with 802.11g standards, backward compatible with
    802.11b products

    F5D7230-4:
    Advantages
    • Creates a network in your home or office without cables
    • 6 months of free Parental Control web content filtering-secure
    your home or office from harmful Internet sites
    • Offers backward-compatibility with all 802.11b devices
    • Sets up easily with Belkin Easy Install Wizard-automatically
    detects Internet settings and self-adjusts Router to get you online in
    under 3 minutes
    • Ensures data and network security with wireless 64- and
    128-bit WEP encryption
    • Uses NAT and SPI firewall to protect network from outside
    intrusions by hackers
    • Works with Macintosh® and PC computers
    • Also supports computers running Linux or Unix OS
    • Comes with a Belkin Lifetime Warranty and free, 24-hour
    technical support

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:34:47 GMT, "ChrisP"
    <chrispatterNOSPAM@NOTexcite.com> wrote:

    >I'm a bit confused about two Belkin products: F5D7230-4 and F5D7231-4. The
    >7230 mentions "54g" technology, but they both look like the same unit with
    >the same specs and are backwards compatible with 802.11b. Is this a
    >software upgrade or am I getting a different (better?) unit with the 7230?
    >Can anyone believe the claim of 1800' range?

Wireless Router Belkin Wireless Networking