Problem with Add/Remove after SP2

I tried to use Add/Remove to eliminate a program. It does not complete the
population of the list of programs - it stops about 15 programs into the
list - no more. This would occasionally happen prior to SP2 but retrying
the request for Add/Remove always took care of it. Now, it just stops and no
amount of retry works

Any thoughts out there?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem remove

    "Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message
    > I tried to use Add/Remove to eliminate a program. It does not
    > complete the population of the list of programs - it stops about 15
    > programs into the list - no more. This would occasionally happen
    > prior to SP2 but retrying the request for Add/Remove always took care
    > of it. Now, it just stops and no amount of retry works
    >
    > Any thoughts out there?

    Look at the scrollbar. Can you scroll down farther?

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    All Programs May Not Be Displayed in Add/Remove Programs Tool [Q240348]
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q240/3/48.asp

    The above article was for 9x and NT systems, but may apply to you.
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Elliott Alterman" <ealterman@NOSPAMPLEASE.cox.net> wrote in message news:2ALld.4078$iR.1209@lakeread04...
    >I tried to use Add/Remove to eliminate a program. It does not complete the
    > population of the list of programs - it stops about 15 programs into the
    > list - no more. This would occasionally happen prior to SP2 but retrying
    > the request for Add/Remove always took care of it. Now, it just stops and no
    > amount of retry works
    >
    > Any thoughts out there?

Microsoft Windows XP