Screensaver

I know that the screensaver can be configured to turn on after a preset
period of inactivity. Is there a way to instantly turn it on, like on a Mac?
--
Dennis M. Marks
2 answers Last reply

    Right-click on your Desktop and select:
    New > Shortcut, then browse to the
    C:\Windows\System32 folder. Chose
    your desired screensaver, such as "sspipes.scr",
    click Next and Finish.

    Note: there is no screensaver password protection
    when using a desktop shortcut to activate a screensaver.

    Screensaver Password Protection Does Not Work
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328000&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "denmarks" wrote:

    | I know that the screensaver can be configured to turn on after a preset
    | period of inactivity. Is there a way to instantly turn it on, like on a Mac?
    | --
    | Dennis M. Marks

    Hi there...
    From an MS website:
    (About the only way you can do this is by following below and clicking the
    shortcut on your desktop):

    "Instantly Activate a Screensaver
    Published: June 4, 2001
    Submitted by Lee Liu, Toronto, Ontario
    Turn on a screensaver without having to wait by adding a shortcut to your
    desktop:
    1. Click the Start button, and then click Search.
    2. In the Search Companion window, click All file types.
    3. In the file name box, type *.scr
    4. In the Look in box, choose Local Hard Drives (C:) or the drive where you have
    system files stored on your computer.
    5. Click Search.
    6. You will see a list of screensavers in the results. Pick a screensaver you
    want. You can preview it by double-clicking it.
    7. Right click on the file, choose Send To, and then click Desktop (create
    shortcut).
    To activate the screensaver, double-click the icon on your desktop."

    Take Care...
    Dee

    denmarks wrote:

    > I know that the screensaver can be configured to turn on after a preset
    > period of inactivity. Is there a way to instantly turn it on, like on a Mac?
    > --
    > Dennis M. Marks

Screensaver Microsoft Macintosh Windows XP