Screensaver

November 14, 2004 11:35:02 AM

I know that the screensaver can be configured to turn on after a preset
period of inactivity. Is there a way to instantly turn it on, like on a Mac?
--
Dennis M. Marks

More about : screensaver

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 2:20:01 PM

Right-click on your Desktop and select:
New > Shortcut, then browse to the
C:\Windows\System32 folder. Chose
your desired screensaver, such as "sspipes.scr",
click Next and Finish.

Note: there is no screensaver password protection
when using a desktop shortcut to activate a screensaver.

Screensaver Password Protection Does Not Work
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328000&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"denmarks" wrote:

| I know that the screensaver can be configured to turn on after a preset
| period of inactivity. Is there a way to instantly turn it on, like on a Mac?
| --
| Dennis M. Marks
November 27, 2004 8:50:35 AM

Hi there...
From an MS website:
(About the only way you can do this is by following below and clicking the
shortcut on your desktop):

"Instantly Activate a Screensaver
Published: June 4, 2001
Submitted by Lee Liu, Toronto, Ontario
Turn on a screensaver without having to wait by adding a shortcut to your
desktop:
1. Click the Start button, and then click Search.
2. In the Search Companion window, click All file types.
3. In the file name box, type *.scr
4. In the Look in box, choose Local Hard Drives (C:)  or the drive where you have
system files stored on your computer.
5. Click Search.
6. You will see a list of screensavers in the results. Pick a screensaver you
want. You can preview it by double-clicking it.
7. Right click on the file, choose Send To, and then click Desktop (create
shortcut).
To activate the screensaver, double-click the icon on your desktop."

Take Care...
Dee

!