Venturi Icon in taskbar has red X

Why is the Venturi icon in the taskbar marked with a red X? Does this mean
that it is not working at all?

"C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why is the Venturi icon in the taskbar marked with a red X? Does this
mean
> that it is not working at all?

http://www.venturi.com would probably have that answer. But my guess is it
is not active. Double click it and set the settings etc. Then log in with
your National Access and see if it turns on. You would not need Venturi
compression on a high speed access from home but on the road and using
Mobile Office it would come in handy.

Elector

"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Why is the Venturi icon in the taskbar marked with a red X? Does
>> this mean that it is not working at all?
>>

> http://www.venturi.com would probably have that answer. But my guess
> is it is not active. Double click it and set the settings etc. Then
> log in with your National Access and see if it turns on. You would
> not need Venturi compression on a high speed access from home but on
> the road and using Mobile Office it would come in handy.
>
> Elector

There are two usual settings, off and auto. Click on the icon (v with red
x), then on the left hand side in the box labeled Venturi Mode, make sure it
is AUTO instead of OFF (it toggles between the two), and if auto, stays as a
red x unless you are online with the cellphone and need it.

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Why is the Venturi icon in the taskbar marked with a red X? Does
> >> this mean that it is not working at all?
> >>

> > http://www.venturi.com would probably have that answer. But my guess
> > is it is not active. Double click it and set the settings etc. Then
> > log in with your National Access and see if it turns on. You would
> > not need Venturi compression on a high speed access from home but on
> > the road and using Mobile Office it would come in handy.
> >
> > Elector
>
> There are two usual settings, off and auto. Click on the icon (v with red
> x), then on the left hand side in the box labeled Venturi Mode, make sure
it
> is AUTO instead of OFF (it toggles between the two), and if auto, stays as
> red x unless you are online with the cellphone and need it.

It is on auto. But I haven't seen the red X disappear when I was on line
with my cell phone and browsing the Internet with my laptop!

The venturi service is active, it says on the setting.

Bart

I had a similar problem in that the AUTO setting would not work with my
phone. If you go to the C:\Program Files\Venturi2 folder, there is a batch
program called NOAUTO.BAT. Run that program just once, and you can control
Venturi manually. Just open the Venturi main window and choose ON or OFF
instead of AUTO or OFF. Works fine and gives you complete control over when
you want to use Venturi. It should only be activated when you are connected
through your Verizon phone. When it is actually compressing data, the icon
will change to an animated whirling tornado. This fix is detailed on the
Fourelle website:
http://www.fourelle.com/tech_support/VerizonWireless.html

One other caution... if you are connected to any kind of a network, you must
disable that connection for Venturi to work. Hope all this helps...

> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > > "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >>

> > > http://www.venturi.com would probably have that answer. But my guess
> > > is it is not active. Double click it and set the settings etc. Then
> > > log in with your National Access and see if it turns on. You would
> > > not need Venturi compression on a high speed access from home but on
> > > the road and using Mobile Office it would come in handy.
> > >
> > > Elector
> >
> > There are two usual settings, off and auto. Click on the icon (v with
red
> > x), then on the left hand side in the box labeled Venturi Mode, make
sure
> it
> > is AUTO instead of OFF (it toggles between the two), and if auto, stays
as
> > red x unless you are online with the cellphone and need it.
> >

> It is on auto. But I haven't seen the red X disappear when I was on line
> with my cell phone and browsing the Internet with my laptop!
>
> The venturi service is active, it says on the setting.

Bart, thanks.

I will try this.