Sound problems on A7N8X

Drexel

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2002
I got the new a7n8x deluxe motherboard and I also have a ATI AIW 8500. The card has a output plug(output for s-video, composite, spdif, and line-in) , and one of the plugs you put into Line In. (this is for sound for the tv-tuner) I am using SPDIF on the motherboard for sound, and that goes into my reciever. The problem is, i am not getting sound from my tv-tuner. The only problem i can think of is that the Line-In only works for Line-Out.. Any suggestions?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Line IN is normally MUTED and HIDDEN, bring up volume controlls, go to properties, check the box that says "line in" and the one the says "microphone", and you'll see your line in a mic controlls on the slider bar. Unmute if needed.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Drexel

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2002
thanks for the info. Yes, it is unmuted, haha, im not that dumb, but its smart to mention it, we slip sometimes. I'll look into that white conecter thing on the AIW. Thanks for that info! flippphone.. what are you on? :smile:

Funny thing is, it worked before, when i had my soundcard, but i also used line out, and not the motherboard with spdif