Windows Service pack 2

I downloaded SP 2 from updates site, installed software as instructed but
have yet to see the security sheild icon on the control panel to access
security options. Also, would really like to format my c: drive, re-install
the lot but can't. When I make a boot disk on floppy & boot with it, the DOS
command 'Format c:' is not recognised & no format takes place.

Desperate here, help appreciated
--
SOD
2 answers Last reply

    Hi

    See if this helps:

    Go to Control Panel>Security Center and click on 'Change the way Security
    Center alerts me'. Change the appropriate options in there.

    Why do you want to reformat/reinstall? If absolutely necessary, the
    following article by Michael Stevens will help you.

    "Clean Install Windows XP"

    Going via 'DOS' to reformat/reinstall isn't the easiest way!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Stevie" <Stevie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded SP 2 from updates site, installed software as instructed but
    > have yet to see the security sheild icon on the control panel to access
    > security options. Also, would really like to format my c: drive,
    > re-install
    > the lot but can't. When I make a boot disk on floppy & boot with it, the
    > DOS
    > command 'Format c:' is not recognised & no format takes place.
    >
    > Desperate here, help appreciated
    > --
    > SOD

    Is Security Center in Control Panel?

    Is Service Pack 2 listed under System when you right click My Computer
    and click Properties?

    Follow this for a Clean Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Stevie" <Stevie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded SP 2 from updates site, installed software as instructed
    >but
    > have yet to see the security sheild icon on the control panel to
    > access
    > security options. Also, would really like to format my c: drive,
    > re-install
    > the lot but can't. When I make a boot disk on floppy & boot with it,
    > the DOS
    > command 'Format c:' is not recognised & no format takes place.
    >
    > Desperate here, help appreciated
    > --
    > SOD

Security Format Windows XP