Sign in with
Your question

Id Software CEO on EA Vs. Activision

Last response: in Video Games
August 11, 2008 3:24:59 PM

Article by Devin Connors

Id Software surprised some by picking Electronic Arts over Activision to publish its new title Rage. Id CEO Todd Hollenshead talks with Tom's GamesGame reviews at QuakeCon 2008 and explains how the developer made the decision.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/08/11/idsoftware_eavsactivision/
August 11, 2008 4:28:26 PM

Well, like the man said, it is a game-by-game decision.
Although i would be happier if he stayed away from the freaking EA. I still don't forgive them HG:L.

Peace.
August 11, 2008 6:38:20 PM

if you meant Hellgate london.. that utter peice of **** of a failure was because the design team bit off way more than they could chew and had nothing to do with EA.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 11, 2008 7:28:02 PM

Well EA has a strong retail presence. They can move product very well. Just don't count on them to have your back while you are developing it.

Also, I feel certain that they have significantly fewer online sales than Steam, but since those numbers are never published anywhere it is hard to tell.
August 11, 2008 8:20:51 PM

FlyinBrian said:
if you meant Hellgate london.. that utter peice of **** of a failure was because the design team bit off way more than they could chew and had nothing to do with EA.

HG:L is a great game. Got one of the best basis for a game ive seen a few years. The problem is that is only a sketch. If Blizzard was in charge, by now, was being launched. In its full glory, not the sketch that it is.

Yes, i bought it. And i feel robbed by EA. I paid for a game, not for a Beta.
August 11, 2008 8:22:44 PM

Gee, thanks Todd! Throw the whole East Coast under the bus why don't you? "Wolfensteen" my ass!
!