winxp multiboot with win98

I have two hard drives and win98SE....I bought WINXP upgrade and I want to
install for multiboot capability. The first hard drive is partitioned as C:
and the second is partitioned as D: and E:. I want to leave WIN98SE on
C: and use WINXP on D:. Can I just install it there without it removing
any files? I don't want to lose anything on D or E but am worried the
installation might autopartition it and I'll lose all my data. Thanks in
advance
for the help.

Yes, when you run Setup, do not choose upgrade. Choose New installation and point it to the D: drive. It will not create any new partitions, or change your old ones.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.