E-Mail Return Address in Outlook Express

I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I also
have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to newsgroups. I
can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can someone help me?

I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.

BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting from
their web site.

--
Dennis M. Marks
2 answers Last reply

    Tools > Accounts > News tab > select your news server > Properties > General
    tab > E-mail address > insert whatever address you like.

    Ted Zieglar

    "denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I also
    > have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to newsgroups.
    > can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can someone help me?
    >
    > I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
    > to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.
    >
    > BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting
    > from
    > their web site.
    >
    > --
    > Dennis M. Marks

    OE Tools>Accounts>[news account]>Properties>Email address & Reply to Address

    You may enter anything you want in either field. Neither must be a
    legitimate address. If you choose to use a legitimate address in either,
    you should "munge" both the name and domain parts (e.g.,
    JohnSmithNO@SPAMisp.com).

    <quote>
    To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail
    account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you
    post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group.

    Use a modified email address
    Use a different version of your e-mail address that others will understand,
    but that spam tools can't automatically pick up and add to their mailing
    list

    For example, if your actual e-mail address is "emailname@account.com", use
    "emailname(removethis)@account.com" as your modified e-mail address. In this
    case, the spam tools will send mail to an invalid e-mail address, and others
    will know to exclude the "(removethis)" when they send you e-mail.

    When you post a question or reply to a discussion group, just enter your
    modified e-mail address in the appropriate box.

    Use a secondary e-mail account
    Set up or use an e-mail account, such as a Hotmail account, that is separate
    from your primary account for posting to discussion groups. When you post a
    question or reply to a discussion group, use your Hotmail account as your
    e-mail address.
    </quote>
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

    What You Should Know About Spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

    denmarks wrote:
    > I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I
    > also have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to
    > newsgroups. I can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can
    > someone help me?
    >
    > I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
    > to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.
    >
    > BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting
    > from their web site.

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP