E-Mail Return Address in Outlook Express

I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I also
have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to newsgroups. I
can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can someone help me?

I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.

BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting from
their web site.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Tools > Accounts > News tab > select your news server > Properties > General
tab > E-mail address > insert whatever address you like.

Ted Zieglar

"denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I also
> have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to newsgroups.
> can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can someone help me?
>
> I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
> to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.
>
> BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting
> from
> their web site.
>
> --
> Dennis M. Marks

OE Tools>Accounts>[news account]>Properties>Email address & Reply to Address

You may enter anything you want in either field. Neither must be a
legitimate address. If you choose to use a legitimate address in either,
you should "munge" both the name and domain parts (e.g.,
JohnSmithNO@SPAMisp.com).

<quote>
To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail
account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you
post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group.

Use a modified email address
Use a different version of your e-mail address that others will understand,
but that spam tools can't automatically pick up and add to their mailing
list

For example, if your actual e-mail address is "emailname@account.com", use
"emailname(removethis)@account.com" as your modified e-mail address. In this
case, the spam tools will send mail to an invalid e-mail address, and others
will know to exclude the "(removethis)" when they send you e-mail.

When you post a question or reply to a discussion group, just enter your
modified e-mail address in the appropriate box.

Use a secondary e-mail account
Set up or use an e-mail account, such as a Hotmail account, that is separate
from your primary account for posting to discussion groups. When you post a
question or reply to a discussion group, use your Hotmail account as your
e-mail address.
</quote>
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

denmarks wrote:
> I have a personal e-mail address that I only use for private e-mail. I
> also have a yahoo address that I would like to use when posting to
> newsgroups. I can't figure out how to do that in Outlook Express. Can
> someone help me?
>
> I don't want my personal e-mail address appearing anywhere in the post due
> to the large amount of spam generated by posting to a newsgroup.
>
> BTW: It's nice that Microsoft generates an e-mail address when posting
> from their web site.

TRENDING THREADS