Install program

hi,

in the windows xp pro workstation, i tried to run as administrator to
install ACDsee or Office XP from Cd-rom drive but it is not possible, i need
to copy it to the hard disk and then i run as an administrator to install,
it is ok.

how to solve it ??

thanks
jimmy
2 answers Last reply
More about install program

    I don't think you have to be in the administrator to install a program from
    a cd. Just put it into the cd drive and let it run.

    "Jimmy" <jwhk001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > in the windows xp pro workstation, i tried to run as administrator to
    > install ACDsee or Office XP from Cd-rom drive but it is not possible, i
    > need
    > to copy it to the hard disk and then i run as an administrator to install,
    > it is ok.
    >
    > how to solve it ??
    >
    > thanks
    > jimmy

    hi, Moose

    i run the setup exe and then run as administrator.

    thanks
    jimmy

    "Bullwinkle. J. Moose" <moose.nyc@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I don't think you have to be in the administrator to install a program
    from
    > a cd. Just put it into the cd drive and let it run.
    >
    > "Jimmy" <jwhk001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > in the windows xp pro workstation, i tried to run as administrator to
    > > install ACDsee or Office XP from Cd-rom drive but it is not possible, i
    > > need
    > > to copy it to the hard disk and then i run as an administrator to
    install,
    > > it is ok.
    > >
    > > how to solve it ??
    > >
    > > thanks