Explorer thumbnails are "funky"

The only way I can describe the phenomenon that's happening here is to SHOW
you a sample ... find it at http://home.kc.rr.com/bilglas/sample.jpg ...
when viewing thumbnails in Windows Explorer (XP Pro, SP1) some thumbnails
are "funky" and some are not. And what's so confounding is, I cannot discern
ANY pattern to which ones distort and which do not. Some JPGs so, some
don't. Some TIFs do, some don't. It makes no difference whether the color
space is RGB or CMYK ... some do, some don't. File size and creation date
aren't the deciding factors, either.

Would be grateful if anyone's got a clue what's causing this, and even more
grateful if you can suggest a way to fix the problem!

Bill

Might consider an video driver upgrade. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look
around.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bill Glass" <AlphaBase@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> The only way I can describe the phenomenon that's happening here is to SHOW
> you a sample ... find it at http://home.kc.rr.com/bilglas/sample.jpg ...
> when viewing thumbnails in Windows Explorer (XP Pro, SP1) some thumbnails
> are "funky" and some are not. And what's so confounding is, I cannot discern
> ANY pattern to which ones distort and which do not. Some JPGs so, some
> don't. Some TIFs do, some don't. It makes no difference whether the color
> space is RGB or CMYK ... some do, some don't. File size and creation date
> aren't the deciding factors, either.
>
> Would be grateful if anyone's got a clue what's causing this, and even more
> grateful if you can suggest a way to fix the problem!
>
> Bill

I'd already done that................. any other suggestions?