XP Service Pack 2

Hi there, can someone help
I Have download service pack 2 from microsoft, and when i try to install it,
it tells me this is not a valid Win32 application. i was instructed to
download this program because of other older programs which doesn't want to
run anymore on XP

Did you ever resolve this because I'm having the same 32 problem & downloaded
My office2003 trialware FOUR x's, email at JailLess1.com

On 16/11/2004 Jopie wrote:

> Hi there, can someone help
> I Have download service pack 2 from microsoft, and when i try to
> install it, it tells me this is not a valid Win32 application. i was
> instructed to download this program because of other older programs
> which doesn't want to run anymore on XP

It may have become corrupt on down loading, try down loading it again
or look for it on a computer mag cover disk.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.4.6

Try using http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install SP2. To assure a
clean install, your anti-virus application should be disabled and all other
running processes closed before installing anything, including Windows
Updates.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

Jopie wrote:
> Hi there, can someone help
> I Have download service pack 2 from microsoft, and when i try to install
> it, it tells me this is not a valid Win32 application. i was instructed to
> download this program because of other older programs which doesn't want
> to run anymore on XP

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You may want to visit a Staples store. They have the MS sp2 install disk
for free.