bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
My Diablo 2 failed to play after installing 'Nvidia Official Forceware 177.83 & Power Pack' famed for GPU Physx.

I got this after after the the first blizzard video scene:

I just happened to find what was causing the problem and you must disable your Alchemy again until Creative catches up with their drivers.

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I'd rather play Diablo 2 than Crysis with my currrent hardware configuration because I cannot fully enjoy Crysis at the level I would like to.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Ignore the troll, they thrive and multiply with the addition of a little attention, positive or negative.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's causing your problem, I installed Diablo II and the expansion an hour ago, after I had the Nvidia power pack installed, patched it up, and it's working just fine for me.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Go to the Video setup. Click on the Diagnostic button (if i recall correctly). If Using Direct 3D gives that problem, use OpenGL.

Fixed !! Next !!

geckoar

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Hey I still play Diablo 2 and I found that with the AA turned on in the CCC for my ATI 4870 the game would become fuzzy and I wouldnt be able to read anything so just mess with the settings and find what works best.

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Do a full install including the cinamatics disk and it will fix your problem.... at least i think it will.

I got that same error every time the game wanted to load a quick video IE: beating act4 and entering act5. I only got that error at the specific times i stated so i figured i try to install all the video cut scenes onto my compy to fix it. Now im all good. GL.

~jerb