beccabob

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
i have a system running on windows xp, with norton works, norton antivirus, and norton security. also use adaware, spybot and normal system utilities to keep the system "as clean" as possible with maximum performance. system works has been a dissapointment because alot of aps dont want to wotk and it seems like its actually slowed my system down. does anyone know if norton system works is usable in any way, and if so what i may be doing wrong?? and are there any "key" types of utilities to keep things as perfect as possible that i am missing? thanks in advance!!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""and are there any "key" types of utilities to keep things as perfect as possible""

The only thing that MS-PC needs is a very FRESH (internet free) installation Ghost image with all the bells and whistles you use mostly. There is no such thing as "key" type thing that will keep your system from ALL the stuff that's out there. That's a tried/tested/experienced thing. In case of something fishy going on I (very quickly) Ghost my OS back to the "original" clean install and cruising as "it meant to be" again (as nothing happened:)

PS: to keep you system work longer just in case have a good firewall, av, and a sence of humour ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...