new XP install and can't run programs

I recently installed XP Home with service pack2 on my system that was using
Office 2000 Premium, which was upgraded from Office 98.
I finally worked through the Outlook Express problems but when I try and run
Word, Powerpoint and others it tries to install the program again.
Unfortunately I only have the Disc 2 from the install program for Office 2000.
Our files are still their but won't open.

Does that mean I have somehow lost Word and other programs or lost part of
Office 2000 all together? Excel opens and runs ok. Without the 2000 Disc 1,
I need help restoring the Word.

Very frustrated at this point that it wasn't more clear how to prepare for
the install.

--
Thanks
1 answer Last reply

    Go to the store and buy OFFICE, you need disk 1. If you
    have proof of retail purchase you can get replacement disks
    from Microsoft. If it was OEM you'll have to contact the
    original supplier for replacements. It might be easier to
    buy a new version.

    "Can't Do It Myselfer"
    <CantDoItMyselfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    |I recently installed XP Home with service pack2 on my
    system that was using
    | Office 2000 Premium, which was upgraded from Office 98.
    | I finally worked through the Outlook Express problems but
    when I try and run
    | Word, Powerpoint and others it tries to install the
    program again.
    | Unfortunately I only have the Disc 2 from the install
    program for Office 2000.
    | Our files are still their but won't open.
    |
    | Does that mean I have somehow lost Word and other programs
    or lost part of
    | Office 2000 all together? Excel opens and runs ok.
    Without the 2000 Disc 1,
    | I need help restoring the Word.
    |
    | Very frustrated at this point that it wasn't more clear
    how to prepare for
    | the install.
    |
    | --
    | Thanks