What drive image software should I purchase?

November 17, 2004 3:54:02 AM

I have a dell computer which has windows XP home edition and I also have a
Maxtor External hard drive connected to the computer. I want to find the
easiest software for creating drive images of my internal hard drive. Any
recommendations for a new beginner at computers?

Tbone Man
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 7:53:21 AM

Image for Windows. http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Tbone Man" <TboneMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C2D79BF-2572-4F75-A5B2-9AD75D947DD8@microsoft.com...
>I have a dell computer which has windows XP home edition and I also have a
> Maxtor External hard drive connected to the computer. I want to find the
> easiest software for creating drive images of my internal hard drive. Any
> recommendations for a new beginner at computers?
>
> Tbone Man
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:35:18 AM

I have used Acronis True Image (www.acronis.com) for the last two years and
highly recommend it. I use it with both a Maxtor 3000LE and LS. It does all
the imaging from windows, so you have minimal interruption, and boots to a Linux
kernel if you want to restore the primary partition. It also has a scheduler
and does incremental imaging. There is a demo for download on their site.

!