BKF Backup file

November 17, 2004 9:34:04 AM

Hi every body,

I had an old version of 'XP Pro SP1' on my old computer.
I have a new 'Dell 4700' with 'XP Home SP2' and i connected the two.
I backed-up my documents and settings form old computer and installed 'XP
Home'.
I Wanted them to have same OS.
The problem i have placed my '.BKF' file back onto the old computer put can
not find anything to open it with and reinstalled my document files.
I very much hope that someone can help me as i have 10 GB of very inportant
documents that i need to recover.

--
Thank you Mr Alan Scott.

More about : bkf backup file

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 11:43:38 AM

Install the Backup program in Windows XP Home,
then launch the program and follow the prompts.

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Alan Scott" wrote:

| Hi every body,
|
| I had an old version of 'XP Pro SP1' on my old computer.
| I have a new 'Dell 4700' with 'XP Home SP2' and i connected the two.
| I backed-up my documents and settings form old computer and installed 'XP
| Home'.
| I Wanted them to have same OS.
| The problem i have placed my '.BKF' file back onto the old computer put can
| not find anything to open it with and reinstalled my document files.
| I very much hope that someone can help me as i have 10 GB of very inportant
| documents that i need to recover.
|
| --
| Thank you Mr Alan Scott.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 8:38:06 AM

Just want to take this opitunity to thank you save two years work.
Thank you every much all the bast Alan.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Install the Backup program in Windows XP Home,
> then launch the program and follow the prompts.
>
> Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...
>
> HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

> "Alan Scott" wrote:
>
> | Hi every body,
> |
> | I had an old version of 'XP Pro SP1' on my old computer.
> | I have a new 'Dell 4700' with 'XP Home SP2' and i connected the two.
> | I backed-up my documents and settings form old computer and installed 'XP
> | Home'.
> | I Wanted them to have same OS.
> | The problem i have placed my '.BKF' file back onto the old computer put can
> | not find anything to open it with and reinstalled my document files.
> | I very much hope that someone can help me as i have 10 GB of very inportant
> | documents that i need to recover.
> |
> | --
> | Thank you Mr Alan Scott.

Related resources
December 4, 2012 5:24:39 AM

hi,

:o  Before purchase any software and take decision about any caparison you try to demo version if you satisfy ans safe time with money you can purchase it. If your bkf file not work in properly then you read this post http://msbkfrecovery.blogspot.com
!