W7 RC then install New W7 - will boot option have both?

OneHumongousLoser

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I was going to install W7 ultimate over the W7 RC ive been using on the hard disk, but really really hate it when i have had to reinstall XP or others and then on boot it gives you the selection of previous installs and makes you wait. (once, apparently there had been 3 installs of XP, over another ME, so there was like 4 sitting there to select from, or default makes you wait like 10 seconds or something - everytime. hate it, hate it, hate it.

Does anyone know if this will happen when i install. Should i just get another hard disk.

Solution
Here ya go.
bootep.jpg

OneHumongousLoser

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Ulysses35, I dont understand your response, but i might be missing something. Of course i have to delete the existing partition that currently holds W7RC, create new one and then reformat prior to installing new W7. But.....on my previous adventures with this, the hard disk stores a 'memory' and some kind of registry of the operating systems that it once held, which rear their ugly head during bootup (black screen says something like "Choose Operating System" and below is the previous OS the disk had on it.

monkey, that sounds good. is that in bios (I have Gigabyte GA-EP-UD3P mobo), or is that in OS somewhere. I know it lets me select the HD to boot from, but not sure of an OS within the HD. (I will have to break out the mobo manual (sigh))