VIDEO: Modern Warfare 2 Spread to Six Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silicon Jesus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Well I think I'd rather not have a big black line going through my sights. I get that the border takes up 0 space of the image, but still!

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]SAAIELLO[/nom]This really makes no sense to me Id rather see it on 1 big screen instead the gaps between each screen is annoying.[/citation]
I agree give me 1 70 to 100 inch screen

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]how can you aim with the bar in the middle of the screen?[/citation]

The middle bar would be a huge inconvenience for any FPS or other game with a centered crosshair. That's exactly why three displays in portrait mode, with an undisturbed HUD on the center screen, makes a lot more sense than six displays, or any other configuration that breaks the center of your overall display.

And, as mianmian mentioned, even thin bezels around LCDs makes for an unpleasant viewing experience, in my opinion. The extra real estate might give you a competitive edge, but it just doesn't look good to me.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Hmm. wonder if anyone will try and connect it to 6 projector displays.. you could remove the frames that way, and it will me much bigger.

trnddwn33

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Socnom[/nom]Hmm. wonder if anyone will try and connect it to 6 projector displays.. you could remove the frames that way, and it will me much bigger.[/citation]

Why the heck would you use 6 projectors? 1 would accomplish the same thing

qwoz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
This multiscreen thing is sooo stupid! Never would I even want this, even if i could get multiple screens for the price of one.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]trnddwn33[/nom]Why the heck would you use 6 projectors? 1 would accomplish the same thing[/citation]
6 19x10 projectors will show a lot more then 1 19x10 that takes up same amount of wall space. That is why this is a good thing, yea no borders would make it better, but no single screen will have the resolution of that setup. Dunno why people keep saying that they rather have one big display, it won't show anything as clearly or have the resolution of this setup. a 70 inch screen at 19x10 resolution will clearly show pixels when close up, 6 19x10 won't since the total resolution is 6 times what one single display has, so will have smaller pixels.

[citation][nom]trnddwn33[/nom]Why the heck would you use 6 projectors? 1 would accomplish the same thing[/citation]
I believe the largest projectors are 1080p. so instead of 100" of 1920x1080, how about 100" of 5760x2160? If you have the money for that, I'm sure you have the money for the graphics cards to power it.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009

You can use a projector for a large surface area but the resolution would still be lower. Using multiple projectors would get round this giving a much higher resolution for an even larger surface... I think that was the point of Socnom.

As for these articles themselves... they have been done before many times regarding various games. It's all old news with the same issues being talked about, they are just using a different game. Still, I guess its a change from all the repetitive rubbish on the Fermi articles.

racermx187

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
3 is the best. I set my system up with 2 at first and the crosshairs on the frame made it impossible so I assume 6 would suck as well. Maybe 9 screens?

G

This is completely retarded as far as playing MW2.

Useful for a trade-show or something along those lines - but for home use - yeah it's pointless.

trnddwn33

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]resolution_ftl[/nom]@trnddwn33: because most people can't afford a 5760x2160 projector, douchington.[/citation]

But I'm sure most people have 6 grand lying around to buy 6 $1k+ 1080p projectors.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I agree with a lot of the others here. There is no point to enlarge the image to 6 screens. All's we are doing is basically zooming in to the point of having to use 6 displays. Now eyefinity on 3 screens is better due to it not enlarging the image but actually giving a chance to see your peripheral vision on the two side monitors.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]I agree give me 1 70 to 100 inch screen[/citation]

already have it. It's called a high def projector. I play on a 106" screen.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
[citation][nom]qwoz[/nom]This multiscreen thing is sooo stupid! Never would I even want this, even if i could get multiple screens for the price of one.[/citation]

resolution difference.

livinindaghetto

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I've played it on my 110" screen off my projector and honestly, the size just becomes a bit too much to keep track of everything going on. Sure, the projector is fun to play on for a while and WATCHING someone play looks really cool too, but the novelty for the player wears off fast. As awesome as the massive HD eye candy might look, I find myself having more fun and doing better on either my 22" or 25.5" monitors.

christophmcchris

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, this tech is just absurd. Where would this ever be useful? If you want to have a big screen just buy a 55" flat screen with HDMI hookup. I hope they didn't waist a lot of money coming up with this useless tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.