Next Big Game

urahozer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
So i just built a new gaming rig and im quite enjoying it, although for now. there isnt a whole lot out there for gaming that im loving. Im currently playing through Crysis, and then probly BioShock cause i can finally run them good. but after that there isnt really anything that looks sweet. Ive been playing World In Conflict online, and its good, but it seems very repetitive.

I guess i kinda just want someone to make the next big game.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Lets see, http://www.prototypegame.com Prototype looks interesting. Looks like cool plot, fun action sequences and a big city to roam around.

Mirror's Edge looks pretty promising. Not so much the gunning, but lots of running and jumping and dodging.

Fallout 3 is shaping up to look pretty good.

Can't think of any other pretty looking and still fun games coming to the PC, but those three are worth keeping an eye on.

urahozer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I like a lotta different games, im stoked for PT Boats Knights of the sea. when i was little i played the original Silent Hunter, and this looks like its going to be a similiar, although above water kind of game.

I like FPS,RTS,MMORPG (although i hate P2P - dont know why probs cause im cheap haha)

I must admit that Left 4 Dead looks pretty sick same as Fallout 3.

I just want something really that i can play online and can be fun and competitive

G

Left 4 Dead is going to amazing... its from Valve

Far Cry 2

Hawx Maybe?

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks interestng

Project Offset

Dragon Age

Crysis Warhead

Dead Space

Spore

Fallout 3

Call of Duty World at War

Mirrors Edge

Operatoin Flashpoint 2

those are the games i'm following :D

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I think we all know the next big game is.....

Mel Gibson's Safari III

http://martypoom.tripod.com/

A bit buggy, but its an early build

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

Thats the first i've seen of Prototype - looks great.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

ZOMG

Best game ever lol

swat565

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
suprised nobody has mentioned STALKER: clear sky's. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was a downright awsome game IMO, great story line, decent gameplay and definatly a well done atmosphere. Cant wait for the prequal. Definatly a must if you like FPS and Elder scrolls series.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

Orange box, mass Effect, Call of Duty 4 and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance should keep you occupied until the Christmas releases come out.

Personally I%u2019m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Red Alert 3%u2026%u2026.well anything that has a 3 in it. Others include

- Project Orion
- Spore
- Crysis Warhead
- Far Cry 2
- Starcraft 2
- GTA IV
- Empire Total War
- Alan Wake (vapourware?)
- Thief 4

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Personally I’m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Read Alert 3…….well anything that has a 3 in it.

i totally agree with you Jean Luc. i too have been following those three games and they look amazing. especially D3. i cant wait for them.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

When Thief 4 is officially announced it will jump to the top of my list, and nothing will move it.

gijoel2245

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
the orange box looks pretty sick, but the half life games are kinda easy and short, but team fortress 2 lasts forever, if you like that kind of stuff. and portal's storyline is good, but the game itself is really short, like 1-2 days if you really work at it.

swat565

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
portal's storyline is good, but the game itself is really short, like 1-2 days if you really work at it.
try 5-6 hours >.> , even still its a awsome game and and the computer voice in it add the nice touch of humor.

Primus462

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005

Agreed. COD4, Bioshock, and The Orange Box are awesome! I am starting Mass Effect tonight.

RavenMoon

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008

Very glad this one was mentioned. Shadow of Chernobyl is an amazing game, I convinced my boyfriend to buy it for his pc but it runs better on my laptop. I am definitely looking forward to Clear Skys. When Bioshock was mentioned, I just thought that the company should really fix the mass number of bugs it has! Is anyone else waiting for the next Final Fantasy? ^^"

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Red Alert 3 anyone? I can't wait for that game to come out, though I don't think it will be the "next great game." More like "another great game from a great series."

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007

Look at the realism in the ragdoll physics!!!!!!!!!! Crysis could learn from this.

However there is one thing that doesnt follow.....he actually dies? That would never happen in real life.

A few of my favorite chuck norris jokes..

The quickest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris' fist.
If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever
Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter
Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
"Around these parts we use Chuck Norris toilet paper. Rough, tough, and doesn't take s*** from nobody."

"Chuck Norris was walking through the desert one day when he was ambushed and bitten by a King Cobra. 3 days later, the cobra died of mysterious causes."