Sign in with
Your question

Next Big Game

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2008 5:53:59 PM

So i just built a new gaming rig and im quite enjoying it, although for now. there isnt a whole lot out there for gaming that im loving. Im currently playing through Crysis, and then probly BioShock cause i can finally run them good. but after that there isnt really anything that looks sweet. Ive been playing World In Conflict online, and its good, but it seems very repetitive.

I guess i kinda just want someone to make the next big game.

More about : big game

August 18, 2008 6:11:14 PM

Lets see, http://www.prototypegame.com Prototype looks interesting. Looks like cool plot, fun action sequences and a big city to roam around.

Mirror's Edge looks pretty promising. Not so much the gunning, but lots of running and jumping and dodging.

Fallout 3 is shaping up to look pretty good.

Can't think of any other pretty looking and still fun games coming to the PC, but those three are worth keeping an eye on.
August 18, 2008 6:34:55 PM

Here are a couple more:
Left4Dead
Call of Duty World at War
FarCry2
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Do you like anything else but FPS?
Related resources
August 18, 2008 7:07:40 PM

I like a lotta different games, im stoked for PT Boats Knights of the sea. when i was little i played the original Silent Hunter, and this looks like its going to be a similiar, although above water kind of game.

I like FPS,RTS,MMORPG (although i hate P2P - dont know why probs cause im cheap haha)

I must admit that Left 4 Dead looks pretty sick same as Fallout 3.

I just want something really that i can play online and can be fun and competitive
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
August 18, 2008 7:58:49 PM

Left 4 Dead is going to amazing... its from Valve

Far Cry 2

Hawx Maybe?

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks interestng

Project Offset

Dragon Age

Crysis Warhead

Dead Space

Spore

Fallout 3

Call of Duty World at War

Mirrors Edge

Operatoin Flashpoint 2

those are the games i'm following :D 
August 18, 2008 8:36:22 PM

infornography42 said:
Lets see, http://www.prototypegame.com Prototype looks interesting. Looks like cool plot, fun action sequences and a big city to roam around.

Mirror's Edge looks pretty promising. Not so much the gunning, but lots of running and jumping and dodging.

Fallout 3 is shaping up to look pretty good.

Can't think of any other pretty looking and still fun games coming to the PC, but those three are worth keeping an eye on.

Thats the first i've seen of Prototype - looks great.
August 18, 2008 11:09:12 PM

tomdrum said:
I think we all know the next big game is.....

Mel Gibson's Safari III

http://martypoom.tripod.com/

A bit buggy, but its an early build

ZOMG

Best game ever lol
August 19, 2008 7:43:16 AM

suprised nobody has mentioned STALKER: clear sky's. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was a downright awsome game IMO, great story line, decent gameplay and definatly a well done atmosphere. Cant wait for the prequal. Definatly a must if you like FPS and Elder scrolls series.
August 19, 2008 12:53:22 PM

urahozer said:
So i just built a new gaming rig and im quite enjoying it, although for now. there isnt a whole lot out there for gaming that im loving. Im currently playing through Crysis, and then probly BioShock cause i can finally run them good. but after that there isnt really anything that looks sweet. Ive been playing World In Conflict online, and its good, but it seems very repetitive.

I guess i kinda just want someone to make the next big game.

Orange box, mass Effect, Call of Duty 4 and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance should keep you occupied until the Christmas releases come out.

Personally I%u2019m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Red Alert 3%u2026%u2026.well anything that has a 3 in it. Others include

- Project Orion
- Spore
- Crysis Warhead
- Far Cry 2
- Starcraft 2
- GTA IV
- Empire Total War
- Alan Wake (vapourware?)
- Thief 4
August 19, 2008 2:40:42 PM

Quote:
Personally I’m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Read Alert 3…….well anything that has a 3 in it.

i totally agree with you Jean Luc. i too have been following those three games and they look amazing. especially D3. i cant wait for them.
August 19, 2008 4:23:41 PM

FATAL STR1K3 said:
Quote:
Personally I’m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Read Alert 3…….well anything that has a 3 in it.

i totally agree with you Jean Luc. i too have been following those three games and they look amazing. especially D3. i cant wait for them.

When Thief 4 is officially announced it will jump to the top of my list, and nothing will move it.
August 19, 2008 4:46:51 PM

the orange box looks pretty sick, but the half life games are kinda easy and short, but team fortress 2 lasts forever, if you like that kind of stuff. and portal's storyline is good, but the game itself is really short, like 1-2 days if you really work at it.
August 19, 2008 5:16:05 PM

Quote:
portal's storyline is good, but the game itself is really short, like 1-2 days if you really work at it.

try 5-6 hours >.> , even still its a awsome game and and the computer voice in it add the nice touch of humor.
August 19, 2008 5:58:29 PM

5-6 hours playtime is WAY too short when a game cost that much

and replayability is usually crap too
August 19, 2008 6:26:34 PM

? Cost that much? You mean 1/5th of $50? I think the pricing on it was very good.

You do realize that Portal is part of the Orange Box right?
August 19, 2008 9:54:26 PM

Yeah and Portal by itself is $20. As part of the orange Box deal, though, it's one heck of a good price.
August 19, 2008 10:31:17 PM

JeanLuc said:
Orange box, mass Effect, Call of Duty 4 and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance should keep you occupied until the Christmas releases come out.

Personally I%u2019m looking forward to Fallout 3, Diablo 3, C&C Red Alert 3%u2026%u2026.well anything that has a 3 in it. Others include

- Project Orion
- Spore
- Crysis Warhead
- Far Cry 2
- Starcraft 2
- GTA IV
- Empire Total War
- Alan Wake (vapourware?)
- Thief 4

Agreed. COD4, Bioshock, and The Orange Box are awesome! I am starting Mass Effect tonight.
August 19, 2008 11:46:08 PM

swat565 said:
suprised nobody has mentioned STALKER: clear sky's. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was a downright awsome game IMO, great story line, decent gameplay and definatly a well done atmosphere. Cant wait for the prequal. Definatly a must if you like FPS and Elder scrolls series.

Very glad this one was mentioned. Shadow of Chernobyl is an amazing game, I convinced my boyfriend to buy it for his pc but it runs better on my laptop. I am definitely looking forward to Clear Skys. When Bioshock was mentioned, I just thought that the company should really fix the mass number of bugs it has! Is anyone else waiting for the next Final Fantasy? ^^"
August 19, 2008 11:57:05 PM

Red Alert 3 anyone? I can't wait for that game to come out, though I don't think it will be the "next great game." More like "another great game from a great series."
August 20, 2008 4:00:11 AM

If you like World in Conflict consider Dawn of War 2 and Starcraft 2.
August 20, 2008 9:17:46 AM

SpinachEater said:
HA, I think you would like the Chuck Norris game then.
http://www.dailyfreegames.com/flash/arcade-games/chuck-...

Look at the realism in the ragdoll physics!!!!!!!!!! Crysis could learn from this.

However there is one thing that doesnt follow.....he actually dies? That would never happen in real life.

A few of my favorite chuck norris jokes..

The quickest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris' fist.
If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever
Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter
Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany
August 21, 2008 3:35:53 PM

"Around these parts we use Chuck Norris toilet paper. Rough, tough, and doesn't take s*** from nobody."

"Chuck Norris was walking through the desert one day when he was ambushed and bitten by a King Cobra. 3 days later, the cobra died of mysterious causes."
August 21, 2008 3:52:21 PM

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

and

Left4Dead
August 22, 2008 12:07:29 AM

The Orange box is pretty sweet, and its down to about 30 bucks at walmart. Spore comes out in a few weeks, and Starcraft 2 has some chances of being out this year. Diablo 3 maybe by 2015 if we know blizzard lol.
August 22, 2008 2:07:11 AM

To be fair, I would say 2010 would be slightly pessimistic for Diablo 3. They aren't developing Duke Nukem Forever here.
August 22, 2008 6:54:23 AM

Crysis, Warhammer Online, Aion, Guild Wars 2, Hei$t, Stalker: Clear Sky, Project Origin, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Huxley, Tiberium, Zero Point Interstellar Marines, Mercenaries 2: World of Flames, The Agency, Alan Wake, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, The Wheelman, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Borderlands, Prototype, Legendary, Space Siege, Crysis Warhead, Darkest of Days, White Gold: War In Paradise, Rise of Argonauts, Spore, Arma 2, Mirror's Edge, Rogue Warrior: Black Razor, Velvet Assassin, Postal 3, Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, Bionic Commando, Call of Duty: World at War, Far Cry 2, Battlefield Heroes, Totems, Diablo 3, Project Witches, Section 8, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Deus Ex 3, They, Demigod, Doom 4, Lego Universe, Rage, Wolfenstein, Chrome 2, Free Realms, Warhound, Project Offset, Sovereign Symphony, Delta Force: Angel Falls

These are all 'big' games.
August 22, 2008 10:18:16 AM

*sigh*

Am I the only person looking forward to the new X game?

* waits for inevitable "enough with the X fanboyism, llama" flames *
August 22, 2008 5:59:30 PM

To be honest, I gave X2 a chance and it failed to engage me at all. I think I remember it giving me a "learning" mission where I was supposed to eject from my ship and get in another one, but it was not clear at all on how to go about doing any of the steps involved and I eventually just gave up in frustration.
August 28, 2008 7:36:48 PM

2005 called, they want their Chuck Norris fad back.
August 29, 2008 12:00:40 PM

Cod5
Left4dead
Jumpgate: Evolution

and maybe mirrors edge
!