XP Toolbar Icon Positions

All:

I have done a lot of work pulling together logical groups of icons for
several of my own XP Toolbars. I use gray icons as spacers to define
different icon groups on each Toolbar, which do not appear in any
alphanumeric order.

Does anyone know where Windows XP keeps its icon position data for
each Toolbar? I would like to copy new Toolbar data to a backup disk
in case my current ones have problems.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Harold
2 answers Last reply
More about toolbar icon positions

    "Harold Noffke" <Harold.Noffke@wpafb.af.mil> wrote in message
    | All:
    |
    | I have done a lot of work pulling together logical groups of
    icons for
    | several of my own XP Toolbars. I use gray icons as spacers to
    define
    | different icon groups on each Toolbar, which do not appear in
    any
    | alphanumeric order.
    |
    | Does anyone know where Windows XP keeps its icon position data
    for
    | each Toolbar? I would like to copy new Toolbar data to a
    backup disk
    | in case my current ones have problems.
    |
    | Any pointers would be much appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks.
    | Harold

    No idea where the controls are, but couldn't you save your setup
    as a theme? I just tried it, moved my taskbar and a couple of
    icons from the left area, and saved that, Restarted, and the old
    "theme" came back. Worth looking into? That way you might be
    able to jsut reload the theme back. Not sure how much it
    includes though, so advise testing well before relying on it.

    Pop

    Pop:

    I did a Win+F search on the C: drive and found two *.theme files. In
    My Documents there is a saved My Favorite Theme.theme, and in
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\Themes" and "C:\Documents and
    Settings\noffkehw\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Themes" there are
    identical (I think) copies of user theme modifications named
    Custom.theme.

    These are the files I need to save, just in case. Thanks for your
    help.

    Harold

Windows XP Microsoft Icons