XP Toolbar Icon Positions

All:

I have done a lot of work pulling together logical groups of icons for
several of my own XP Toolbars. I use gray icons as spacers to define
different icon groups on each Toolbar, which do not appear in any
alphanumeric order.

Does anyone know where Windows XP keeps its icon position data for
each Toolbar? I would like to copy new Toolbar data to a backup disk
in case my current ones have problems.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Harold

pop

"Harold Noffke" <Harold.Noffke@wpafb.af.mil> wrote in message
| All:
|
| I have done a lot of work pulling together logical groups of
icons for
| several of my own XP Toolbars. I use gray icons as spacers to
define
| different icon groups on each Toolbar, which do not appear in
any
| alphanumeric order.
|
| Does anyone know where Windows XP keeps its icon position data
for
| each Toolbar? I would like to copy new Toolbar data to a
backup disk
| in case my current ones have problems.
|
| Any pointers would be much appreciated.
|
| Thanks.
| Harold

No idea where the controls are, but couldn't you save your setup
as a theme? I just tried it, moved my taskbar and a couple of
icons from the left area, and saved that, Restarted, and the old
"theme" came back. Worth looking into? That way you might be
able to jsut reload the theme back. Not sure how much it
includes though, so advise testing well before relying on it.

Pop

Pop:

I did a Win+F search on the C: drive and found two *.theme files. In
My Documents there is a saved My Favorite Theme.theme, and in
"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows\Themes" and "C:\Documents and
Settings\noffkehw\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Themes" there are
identical (I think) copies of user theme modifications named
Custom.theme.

These are the files I need to save, just in case. Thanks for your
help.

Harold

TRENDING THREADS