Sign in with
Your question

WTH!!!!! gta4 just sucks compared to previous gta

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2008 9:12:34 PM

ya like u can read from the tittle gta4 just sucks!!!! wth happened to rockstar. Y in the hell did u remove all the goods things that make the gta series the best franchise ever. where is the airplane, car pimping, jetpacks, original and complex missions not just drive kill an leave, the safe houses u could buy, and other thousand of things.

the **** graphics added dont justifie this ripoff. Well thats my thinking and have not even played tha game, i was waiting for the pc version but seeing at this overrated and overhyped s-h-i-t rockstar have made ill not buyit. ill instead buy saint row 2 thats what the old gta fans used to like.

thats just my thinking. feel fre to post ur thoughts
August 18, 2008 9:31:21 PM

Dude, are you just a complete **** up or what??!?!!?
August 18, 2008 9:32:51 PM

did you play the game, and for how long did you play it?

Anonymous
August 18, 2008 9:39:47 PM

w00t another noob posting something completely random :) 
August 18, 2008 9:43:19 PM

no, i havent played it yet. i have ps3 and pc but with the coming of the game to pc i was hoping to buy it for this platform.

and also before i buy a game thats going to cost me $70 i do my research and i found thousand of post through the net of true gamers, not payed overrated reviews in the well known review pages, that feel the same as me.
August 18, 2008 9:51:09 PM

What is your point? Im sure loads of people like/dislike the game?............
August 18, 2008 10:17:44 PM

well, the game sucks compared to the other gta games in the gameplay i mean that is the fun part after all.

my point is that game review sites should not give false hopes to people giving the game u want to buy a 10 when it doesnt deserve it.

Geez i almost made the mistake of buying it for the ps3. and ill have to think twice before i buyit for pc.

thats my point. this product is clearly inferior to what rockstar used to do with gta!!!!

August 18, 2008 11:58:36 PM

so you haven't tried it, and yet you are completely and utterly prejudiced against it? You don't trust reviewers, yet you trust random people off the internet? wtf man?
August 19, 2008 12:22:19 AM

man thats the awful thruth i didnt want to believei t either but the media just brainwashed all that people who rush to buy the game and after just some time of play they just got bored and put it in a side.

i want the free-roaming sandbox game of endless playhours time that gta used to be i dont wanna waste my money in a game that its going to be fun just for a couple of days.

and there are alot of people that are gta fanbois and dont accept it.
just reading all the fun things rockstar took off from the game and the **** ones they added (bowling, pool, dating. meh not tanks!!!!!)

just sucks man. microsoft and rockstar crapped on us!!!
August 19, 2008 12:44:53 AM

predator100000 said:
ya like u can read from the tittle gta4 just sucks!!!! wth happened to rockstar. Y in the hell did u remove all the goods things that make the gta series the best franchise ever. where is the airplane, car pimping, jetpacks, original and complex missions not just drive kill an leave, the safe houses u could buy, and other thousand of things.

the **** graphics added dont justifie this ripoff. Well thats my thinking and have not even played tha game, i was waiting for the pc version but seeing at this overrated and overhyped s-h-i-t rockstar have made ill not buyit. ill instead buy saint row 2 thats what the old gta fans used to like.

thats just my thinking. feel fre to post ur thoughts
It's fine if you don't like GTA IV, but to make such a decision based on what some random idiots on a forum says, without even playing the game is completely foolish. If you listened to the opinion of a few people always, despite critical acclaim you'll never be happy with anything.
August 19, 2008 1:06:10 AM

given that GTA 4 was by far the highest grossing launch for a pc video game /EVER/ I think they must've done - something - right.
August 19, 2008 1:23:06 AM

yep, it was all the hyping **** that no other game will ever reicive in the history of human kind :D  seriosly just becouse it has the gta name in it did dell really well but u will see how it will beging to dicline in sells. and i will lost respect for the game review site that give its goty to gta4.

i admit that graphics and physics got a huge leap foward, but the most important: playability and innovation got many steps backward.
August 19, 2008 2:25:33 AM

Lets see... so far GTA4 has sold 4.28 million copies on the PS3 (2.4 in week 1), and 5.81 million on the Xbox 360 (3.3 in week 1). It has been out 15 weeks today and is still selling close to 50,000 a week on each console. Sounds like the sales trend of a poor game all right. </sarcasm>

GTA4 is superior to all the previous ones for 1 simple reason: the characters. Niko is a much more fleshed out and complex character than any of the previous ones. All the side characters are really well portrayed too. Add to it that the voice acting across the board is a lot better and you have a great gaming experience.

Some things are missing from the older games but they're all fluff used to fill out a game and make up for shortcomings. I mean really, did anyone actually like the RPG elements in GTA:SA? 'Oh, I'm sorry, you can't do this mission unless your lung capacity is higher. Go swim for about 3 hours and try again.'

Removal of buyable safehouses is great in my opinion. Something less to have to save up tons of cash for. I do miss the planes but the helicopters make up for it, because they're awesome.

And how can you moan about the graphics? The game looks fantastic, even before you take into account just how big it is. The physics are better, there's more debris from blowing things up, the explosions look better, shadows and reflections are really well done, and the colour pallett they use really fits with the tone of the game.

Go buy the game before you pass judgement on it. Hell, if you don't want to buy it then rent it!
August 19, 2008 2:31:32 AM

predator100000 said:

just sucks man. microsoft and rockstar crapped on us!!!

Double post but whatever. Just want to know what exactly Microsoft have to do with it. It sounds like you're completely delusional and have been brainwashed by ps3 fanboys. That or you're an xbox-bashing ps3 fanboy yourself who takes any and every opportunity to make a stab even if the only connection is that a game happened to come out on the 360 either exclusively or as a multi-platform title.
August 19, 2008 3:06:12 AM

Kraynor said:
Double post but whatever. Just want to know what exactly Microsoft have to do with it. It sounds like you're completely delusional and have been brainwashed by ps3 fanboys. That or you're an xbox-bashing ps3 fanboy yourself who takes any and every opportunity to make a stab even if the only connection is that a game happened to come out on the 360 either exclusively or as a multi-platform title.
They did help subsidize development costs for the promise of exclusive downloadable content. :D 

But yeah, this guy is nothing but a troll.
August 19, 2008 5:50:08 AM

My thoughts OP?

Learn to spell like a grown up. It could make you appear a little more intelligent...
August 19, 2008 8:32:44 AM

predator100000 said:
yep, it was all the hyping **** that no other game will ever reicive in the history of human kind :D  seriosly just becouse it has the gta name in it did dell really well but u will see how it will beging to dicline in sells. and i will lost respect for the game review site that give its goty to gta4.

i admit that graphics and physics got a huge leap foward, but the most important: playability and innovation got many steps backward.

Well, considering that you were essentially whining about the fact that they removed the best parts of the older GTA's games, why is it you now move onto innovation as a topic? It sounds as if you would be happy with the exact game that was GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas with updated graphics and physics. No?
August 19, 2008 11:36:25 AM

I have to agree actually with the O/P (even though he does come across as a bit of a whiner).

As someone who has played GTA III/VC/SA many times over on the PC and put in 50+ hours on GTA-IV on the PS3, I have to say I'm dissapointed.

Partly it's the graphics - the consoles constant problem is that when the PS3 hardware was announced I had an fx5700ultra in my PC and the specs sounded amazing - now I have a 4850 and the capabilities of the x360 / PS3 are 'meh' at best (GT5P is also poor - hi-def for sure, but any AA? nope). '4 is low res with some pretty nifty filters and effects, but underlying that is a very low-res game that really doesn't look that good on an HD screen (my ps3 shares my 24" 1920x1200 samsung monitor). I hear that it is worse on the x360 - but I haven't seen it on that console, so I don't speak from experience.

The radio stations are superb, the new tv skits are fantastic, some of the naming jokes are excellent (tw@ internet cafes springs to mind). The voicing is okay - Nico gets really tedious in long gunfights shouting the same things over and over and there aren't as many big name stars in '4 as SA (Samuel L Jackson, Axl rose, Peter Fonda and James Woods are four that spring to mind from SA), though Ricky Gervais makes amusing appearances.

The gameplay is lacking in my view - maybe as it's my first GTA game where I'm using the controller instead of a mouse - it's far too easy to aim/shoot and there is nothing new there. There seems to be less variety also - I read that rock* disliked all the open space in SA - I loved it, it added to the game world to have different themed areas - really added different flavours to the storylines chapters - in '4 it's just more of the same all the way through (I've unlocked all the islands).

'4 is a great game, and graphically when comparing the future PC version against the PC version of SA, it should be a lot better. However, I have no problem abandoning my progress in '4 while I wait until November for the PC version - with SA I took time off work to finish it...

I don't know about online - I used to play the PC MTA hack on SA, I haven't played online at all on '4.

Kyz
August 19, 2008 9:52:47 PM

kyzarvs said:
I have to agree actually with the O/P (even though he does come across as a bit of a whiner).

As someone who has played GTA III/VC/SA many times over on the PC and put in 50+ hours on GTA-IV on the PS3, I have to say I'm dissapointed.

Partly it's the graphics - the consoles constant problem is that when the PS3 hardware was announced I had an fx5700ultra in my PC and the specs sounded amazing - now I have a 4850 and the capabilities of the x360 / PS3 are 'meh' at best (GT5P is also poor - hi-def for sure, but any AA? nope). '4 is low res with some pretty nifty filters and effects, but underlying that is a very low-res game that really doesn't look that good on an HD screen (my ps3 shares my 24" 1920x1200 samsung monitor). I hear that it is worse on the x360 - but I haven't seen it on that console, so I don't speak from experience.

The radio stations are superb, the new tv skits are fantastic, some of the naming jokes are excellent (tw@ internet cafes springs to mind). The voicing is okay - Nico gets really tedious in long gunfights shouting the same things over and over and there aren't as many big name stars in '4 as SA (Samuel L Jackson, Axl rose, Peter Fonda and James Woods are four that spring to mind from SA), though Ricky Gervais makes amusing appearances.

The gameplay is lacking in my view - maybe as it's my first GTA game where I'm using the controller instead of a mouse - it's far too easy to aim/shoot and there is nothing new there. There seems to be less variety also - I read that rock* disliked all the open space in SA - I loved it, it added to the game world to have different themed areas - really added different flavours to the storylines chapters - in '4 it's just more of the same all the way through (I've unlocked all the islands).

'4 is a great game, and graphically when comparing the future PC version against the PC version of SA, it should be a lot better. However, I have no problem abandoning my progress in '4 while I wait until November for the PC version - with SA I took time off work to finish it...

I don't know about online - I used to play the PC MTA hack on SA, I haven't played online at all on '4.

Kyz

I own both the 360 and PS3 version of GTA IV and as far as graphics quality goes, they're pretty comparable. The PS3 version does suffer from less pop-in, but the 360 version runs at a higher resolution is slightly sharper, and it seems to have a higher average framerate, although both versions suffer from slow down when the action gets intense. Also, playing both the PS3 and 360 on a 1920x1200 monitor will not look nearly as good as what you will get on a good TV; the built in scaling of your display paired with the fact that neither console is designed for that aspect ratio will make games look worse. I tried playing my PS3 and my 360 on my 1920x1200 LCD monitor, but have found that the same games look MUCH better on my 1080p DLP television.
August 20, 2008 9:18:06 PM

im not a whiner, but just disappointed with rockstar.

and when i said that we specially ps3 players got **** up by microsoft and rockstar is because microsoft give 50 millions for the download content for the inferior xbox 360 :kaola:  and its like they bougth the exclusivity that sony has before.

damn with a blue ray disk there would have been more stuff in the game but instead they made the game with the little cds xbox uses . its like they had a complete game but they made cuts just for the dumb people that spends in download content.

So ill wait for the pc version, and thank god for the mod community in pc platform maybe will made a more fun game.
August 20, 2008 11:43:44 PM

predator100000 said:
im not a whiner, but just disappointed with rockstar.

and when i said that we specially ps3 players got **** up by microsoft and rockstar is because microsoft give 50 millions for the download content for the inferior xbox 360 :kaola:  and its like they bougth the exclusivity that sony has before.

damn with a blue ray disk there would have been more stuff in the game but instead they made the game with the little cds xbox uses . its like they had a complete game but they made cuts just for the dumb people that spends in download content.

So ill wait for the pc version, and thank god for the mod community in pc platform maybe will made a more fun game.
I kind of doubt that GTA IV would be much different if it were PS3 exclusive; just because you have more space available on a disc doesn't mean Rockstar is going to invest the time creating content to fill up all of that extra space.
!