Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and ..

Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
install it?????

Thank you
D.
5 answers Last reply
More about where find backup windows home

    Dorothy;
    Look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894
    If Windows XP Home is OEM, you may not have the files.
    If that is the case and you need a back-up program, you will need to
    get a 3rd party product.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
    > install it?????
    >
    > Thank you
    > D.

    see
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894

    "Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
    | Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and
    how do I
    | install it?????
    |
    | Thank you
    | D.

    Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

    HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Dorothy" wrote:

    | Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
    | install it?????
    |
    | Thank you
    | D.

    Hi

    Depending on what kind of XP CD you have, you may find the XP Backup program
    in the valueadd\msft\ntbackup folder.

    Double click on the .MSI file in that folder.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
    > install it?????
    >
    > Thank you
    > D.
  5. Hi. I found good resource that may help you to solve the problem

    Check it out here - backup windows xp

Backup CD-Rom Windows XP