Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and ..

November 18, 2004 2:08:06 AM

Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
install it?????

Thank you
D.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 2:08:07 AM

Dorothy;
Look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894
If Windows XP Home is OEM, you may not have the files.
If that is the case and you need a back-up program, you will need to
get a 3rd party product.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
> install it?????
>
> Thank you
> D.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 2:08:07 AM

see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894

"Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
| Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and
how do I
| install it?????
|
| Thank you
| D.
November 18, 2004 2:08:07 AM

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dorothy" wrote:

| Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
| install it?????
|
| Thank you
| D.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 2:12:52 AM

Hi

Depending on what kind of XP CD you have, you may find the XP Backup program
in the valueadd\msft\ntbackup folder.

Double click on the .MSI file in that folder.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Dorothy" <dpost@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where do I find MS BackUp on the "Windows XP Home CD" and how do I
> install it?????
>
> Thank you
> D.
May 22, 2009 11:45:13 AM

Hi. I found good resource that may help you to solve the problem

Check it out here - backup windows xp
!