Chilledphoenix

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
Hi all, i need to upgrade from SD-RAM which is holding my system down, the problem is my mother board only supports SD-RAM, My socket is 478, I need to find a cheap mother board that supports DDR
heres a link for the info on my pc
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5749281
It would be nice if it would fit future proccesors.

Now, what would be the best to go for?

Any advice would be greatly thanked
Cheers

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Chilledphoenix on 01/28/03 03:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d00d, you had better make SURE you're telling people you need a MICRO ATX board!!! I take it you've confirmed you have Socket 478, not Socket 423? OK, the fact that you now know it's Socket 478 means it will be MUCH EASIER to find a DDR board!

OK, Asus's Micro ATX boards usually have a -M after the model number. In the case of the P4B533 the last guy suggested, you would need the P4B533-M. Get it? Do you? Or am I speaking to a wall here?

How do I know that you need a Micro ATX board? I've never seen an EMachine that wasn't Micro ATX. But just in case you want to be certain, count the number of slot brackets in the back! 4 means the case is Micro ATX, 7 means it's ATX, I seriously doubt you'll find 7 slots brackets back there!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>