Xbox boots me off of live after 20 minutes

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Hey guys, i have a serious problem on my hands, I have an xbox 360 and I am on number 6, yes you read that right i have had to send it in 5 times! Anyway, whenever i play xbox live i get booted off after no more than 20 minutes, I just boots me, then signs right back in. It does this on all of my games, nhl 08, call of duty, gears, halo, lord of the rings. I have tried formatting my hard drive, setting up forwarded ports, just about everything. I know that its not my ethernet cable either, cause my brother has an elite and we brought it into my room and he can play without hassle for hours on end on my cable. What can I do, I really really dont want to send it in because NHL 09 is coming out soon and I dont want to hold up my online team cause I dont have an xbox. ANY suggestions would be so very greatly appreciated :) Im about to go craaaaaaazy :pt1cable:

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Unfortunately this forum does not contain a very large number of Xbox owners, or console owners in general so it's unlikely you'll get much of an answer. I have an Elite, but have not experienced anything like you've mentioned, and it appears that you have tried quite a few things. One issue I do occasionally have with my 360 is when there are two on the same network for LAN games like Halo 3, one of the 360s will have an ip conflict with another devices on the network, in my case usually a PC.

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
okay, ill try another forum, but thanks for the suggestion heyyou, that might actually be it, cause i do have two xboxes and a pc running on the internet at all times, so ill try unhooking my bros xbox for a while. And roadrunner, come on, if you dont have anything to productive to say dont say it.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I wouldn't worry about him; most of the posters on this forum seem bitter because developers are leaving development on the PC for the Xbox360 and PS3. If only they realized the best gaming is achieved when you have access to every platform. :p

TRENDING THREADS