gigabyte sucks? go asus?!

G

ok, i am getting, or planning on getting, a ga-8inxp. But my friend who has built loads of pcs says that gagbyte is no good and that i should stick to asus or abit. I was kinnda set on getting the 8inxp, what do you think?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's bull crap. Look at the P4S8X and the GA-8SG667 as examples. The P4S8X seems to be unstable with almost any kind of memory faster than PC2100, while the 8SG667 has proven stable with PC3200. The P4S8X seems to crash whenever you put an AGP8x card on it, whereas the 8SG667 is again stable. Now, the only complaints I've heard on the 8SG667 have been that Gigabyte has not released the BIOS revision they promised with vcore adjustments, and that some boards ran the northbridge a little hot. Well, that's a heck of a lot better than a P4S8X that crashes all the time. Gigabyte even released a revision, called the 8SG800, it has the northbridge fan everyone was crying for, not sure about vcore in BIOS though. Anyway, I expect the 8SQ800 series to also be of higher quality than anything Asus has to offer in a SiS chipset. It's almost as though VIA were PAYING Asus to make their SiS boards unstable...hmm.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

G

right, i have no experience with the industry, so i am happy that crashman answered.

Thanks

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
I've been running a 7VRXP (Gigabyte) for 5 months and I haven't encountered any problems. I like this board because it's fairly cheap/lots of extras. My only complaint is it won't support 333FSB processors (rev 2.0 and below).

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=327&s=8ae8909977d596e59e0ac8260313c4d0" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
i'm running the same mobo as above, i've had no complaints about it.

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

FGB123xf

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
I know this thread is extremely old :eek: , but i have to add some extra information about *** ASUS.
My comp build in 05 has a Asus mobo which failed after 1 year, 1year when its out of warranty :non: ...got a replacement asus thinking asus is good but what do you know after a couple of months the capacitors looks like its gonna blow up and some solder on the board melted or puff up. Now 2009 my friend had an Asus p6 deluxe and he rma it a total of 3 times and its still no good, 1st time no post,2nd time sata port dont work 3rd time 1 ram slot dead 4th time he will prob sue Asus company :fou: :non: . Seems like ASUS JUST SUCKS EVEN AFTER 7 YRS OR SO.

BEWARE, NO ONE BUY ASUS PRODUCTS, IF IT WORKS, IT WILL NOT LAST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. :bounce: