Program list

When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.

Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?

TIA

John
4 answers Last reply
More about program list

    Not specifically. You can re-arrange shortcuts and folders so that you have fewer first level sub folders. Or you can right click the Start button, select Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize and enable the Scroll Programs option. This will give you one scrolling list, rather than the 3 panel flyout.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:419C043A.99E87C@shaw.ca...
    > When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
    > The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
    >
    > Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John

    You can also shorten the names on that list, as it automatically widens the
    column to fit long program/sub-folder names..

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> kirjoitti viestissä
    Not specifically. You can re-arrange shortcuts and folders so that you have
    fewer first level sub folders. Or you can right click the Start button,
    select Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize and enable the Scroll Programs
    option. This will give you one scrolling list, rather than the 3 panel
    flyout.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
    > The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
    >
    > Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John

    Time for a bit of house keeping.

    Right click on start. Go to "open all users". Open programs. That is where
    you will find most of the individual entries.

    Now, create some "master" folders, such as Applications, Utilities, Other
    etc. Drag your other folders and entries into the appropriate "master"
    folders. When you are done, you will have only a few folders with everything
    nested within for easy access.

    Now, do the same for current user. Right click on start and then click
    "open". Go to programs. You can create master folders with the same names as
    you did under all users. Drag your entries to the appropriate master
    folders.
    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
    > The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
    >
    > Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John

    This is the method I used to consolidate programs in Start/All Programs:
    Using Windows Explorer, in "Documents and Settings", under both All Users
    and Your name find the Start Menu folder and Programs. In the Programs
    folders I made 6 more folders such as "Applications, Communications, Games,
    Graphics, Multimedia, and Graphics". You can use any names you wish. Then
    I dragged the shortcuts into the category folders. Some shorts are the same
    in both All User and your name, so make sure to drag the duplicated names
    into the same category folders for both..

    This will considerably shorten your All Programs list and your programs will
    be listed under the Categories. Good luck.
    "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You can also shorten the names on that list, as it automatically widens
    > the
    > column to fit long program/sub-folder names..
    >

    > --
    > Tumppi
    > Reply to group
    > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    >

    > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Not specifically. You can re-arrange shortcuts and folders so that you
    > have
    > fewer first level sub folders. Or you can right click the Start button,
    > select Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize and enable the Scroll
    > Programs
    > option. This will give you one scrolling list, rather than the 3 panel
    > flyout.
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
    >> The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
    >>
    >> Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> John

Microsoft Windows XP