Program list

November 17, 2004 10:08:58 PM

When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.

Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?

TIA

John

More about : program list

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 12:15:47 AM

Not specifically. You can re-arrange shortcuts and folders so that you have fewer first level sub folders. Or you can right click the Start button, select Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize and enable the Scroll Programs option. This will give you one scrolling list, rather than the 3 panel flyout.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:419C043A.99E87C@shaw.ca...
> When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
> The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
>
> Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
>
> TIA
>
> John

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 12:53:40 PM

You can also shorten the names on that list, as it automatically widens the
column to fit long program/sub-folder names..

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> kirjoitti viestissä
Not specifically. You can re-arrange shortcuts and folders so that you have
fewer first level sub folders. Or you can right click the Start button,
select Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize and enable the Scroll Programs
option. This will give you one scrolling list, rather than the 3 panel
flyout.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
> The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
>
> Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
>
> TIA
>
> John

November 18, 2004 12:55:49 PM

Time for a bit of house keeping.

Right click on start. Go to "open all users". Open programs. That is where
you will find most of the individual entries.

Now, create some "master" folders, such as Applications, Utilities, Other
etc. Drag your other folders and entries into the appropriate "master"
folders. When you are done, you will have only a few folders with everything
nested within for easy access.

Now, do the same for current user. Right click on start and then click
"open". Go to programs. You can create master folders with the same names as
you did under all users. Drag your entries to the appropriate master
folders.
--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"John Griffin" <johngriffin@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> When I click on 'start' > 'programs' there are three columns listed.
> The third column on the right is almost off the edge of the screen.
>
> Is there a setting I change so that all three are completely visable?
>
> TIA
>
> John

November 18, 2004 5:18:06 PM

This is the method I used to consolidate programs in Start/All Programs:
Using Windows Explorer, in "Documents and Settings", under both All Users
and Your name find the Start Menu folder and Programs. In the Programs
folders I made 6 more folders such as "Applications, Communications, Games,
Graphics, Multimedia, and Graphics". You can use any names you wish. Then
I dragged the shortcuts into the category folders. Some shorts are the same
in both All User and your name, so make sure to drag the duplicated names
into the same category folders for both..

This will considerably shorten your All Programs list and your programs will
be listed under the Categories. Good luck.

!