Sign in with
Your question

Sims 2 on Vista 64 bits on laptop

Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2008 5:11:19 PM

Hi,
I hope someone here will be able to help me. Here is my problem: I can't run the Sims 2 and expansion pack on my laptop. You may want to know the specs:

HP dv2818ca
Intel pentium DUAL Core 1.73 ghz T2370
3 gb
250 gb hard disk drive
Vista home Premium 64 bits
Mobile Intel 965 Express chipset family

I installed all the game and the expansion packs and it went fine. I downloaded all the patches. The problem is when I want to play, the game freezes on the loading bar but I can hear the music tho. Then I have no choice but to CTRL ALt DeL everything, it says Not responding then I shut the game down.

But here's the deal: my sister has a Sony Vaio bought in January, same graphic card, 2 gb of ram, 160 gd hard disk drive but her CPU is a Core 2 duo T5750 I believe, but still runs it with Windows Vista (dont know if it is the 32 ou 64 bits version)

My question is: why is this game freezing on my laptop and not on hers? I event tried the compatibility mode in XP.

I really need help!
Thank you

More about : sims vista bits laptop

August 20, 2008 9:10:44 PM

Because the IGP is very bad for gaming and you're CPU is probably much inferior to your sisters, meaning it can't pick up the slack.
a c 439 D Laptop
August 22, 2008 6:26:57 PM

The 965 Express and your CPU should be able to run the game. The Sims 2 is not that demanding from what I've seen.

Did you try to run the game before install each expansion pack?

If all else fails reinstall the game and run Sims 2 before installing the expansion packs to make sure it runs properly.
August 24, 2008 8:40:22 AM

Try reinstalling it WITHOUT updates.

I can play Sims 2 on a VIA Unichrome (noticeably low quality tho...@ 800x640).

Update your graphics drivers too!

See what happens...
!