Suggestions on new PSU?

Sigma

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
I'm thinking of picking up this power supply:

"ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FC). 431W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4. Fan on/off controlled by M/B ~ Real "Sleeping Mode" support. Meet AMD K7 and Intel 2.03 Version. Dual cooling fan design : 9cm fan intake heat, 8cm exhaust hot air. Gold-coated terminals for high performance and faint resistance improvement. Fan speed monitoring by M/B - Ball bearing fan with Thermal Control function. Cable Tube Tied for neatness. Elegant gold-coated fan guards. Retail box. more info>"

To replace my failing, horribly, Enermax EG365P-VE(FC), 350 Watt unit. Is this a good choice or should I just pick up the same exact one that I have in there now?

1.2gig@266
A7M266 mobo
512 PC2100 DDR
Ti4400 G4 128mb
Win XP

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
the 365 series should be fine for what you're running, but the 465 series is only 20-40 bucks more, if you've got the cash lying around why not?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
I would opt for the 433w enermax psu with the active pfc function. The active pfc is a nice feature, which most power supplys do not have. I think it is the 465AX-FMA version

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I'm not knocking Enermax, but I like the Antec TruePower 430. It runs quiet and has a fan control feature that can turn down the speed of 3 of your case fans based on internal temperature.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

RCPilot

Champion
It can control more fans than 3. I have 4 of mine on it & could put on up to 5 of them.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Antec suggest only three. The following is their description.

<i>Please do not connect more than three external fans to the Fan Only connectors in any combination. For maximum cooling you may choose to connect the case fans to the regular 4-pin peripheral connectors, but in this fashion noise will not be reduced.</i>

<A HREF="http://antec-inc.com/p_true430.html" target="_new">True Power 430</A>

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

RCPilot

Champion
Yea, I follow all directions to the letter, Ha Ha!!! I've seen as many as 7 before on them.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

TRENDING THREADS