new prl might have errors

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 6, 2004 11:59:45 PM

Just updated my phone to new prl and so far for 2 days have not been
able to recieve calls and its super hard to make a call. Half the time
im on no service and a few times when I finally got to make a call it
went to roaming. or analog. Im in a area that for the past 2 years has
been digital signal for me. Is there a way for me to downgrade my prl
version. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? I dont know what
to do. I live in Michigan. Any ideas please help.

More about : prl errors

June 7, 2004 5:10:41 AM

In article <47bfda59.0406061859.4470bf0e@posting.google.com>,
grapjuice@yahoo.com says...
> Just updated my phone to new prl and so far for 2 days have not been
> able to recieve calls and its super hard to make a call. Half the time
> im on no service and a few times when I finally got to make a call it
> went to roaming. or analog. Im in a area that for the past 2 years has
> been digital signal for me. Is there a way for me to downgrade my prl
> version. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? I dont know what
> to do. I live in Michigan. Any ideas please help.

A similar problem in NYC.

So far they are denying they DID anything and even went so far as to
swap out my phone but the problems remain.

Louise
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 1:20:46 PM

You didn't say where you are, but I've been using the phone in central
michigan and up 127/75 to the Cheboygan/Mackinac area with no problems.
Related resources
June 7, 2004 5:45:22 PM

"Jim Williams" <jwill@voyager.net> wrote in message news:<10c8r46n3rc5p68@corp.supernews.com>...
> You didn't say where you are, but I've been using the phone in central
> michigan and up 127/75 to the Cheboygan/Mackinac area with no problems.

Just turned my phone back on this Monday and it works fine now. My
friend has been on analog for 2 days also, in Midland county. But the
funny thing is was my wife had great signal all weekend. So theres at
least 3 phones that I know of that had little or no service with one
phone working great. I have not been able to figure that one out. So
far all day my phone and my friends have worked great. All on the same
plan. Any thoughts????????????
June 7, 2004 9:27:27 PM

In article <47bfda59.0406071245.6a78f923@posting.google.com>,
grapjuice@yahoo.com says...
> "Jim Williams" <jwill@voyager.net> wrote in message news:<10c8r46n3rc5p68@corp.supernews.com>...
> > You didn't say where you are, but I've been using the phone in central
> > michigan and up 127/75 to the Cheboygan/Mackinac area with no problems.
>
> Just turned my phone back on this Monday and it works fine now. My
> friend has been on analog for 2 days also, in Midland county. But the
> funny thing is was my wife had great signal all weekend. So theres at
> least 3 phones that I know of that had little or no service with one
> phone working great. I have not been able to figure that one out. So
> far all day my phone and my friends have worked great. All on the same
> plan. Any thoughts????????????

My phone, similar problems, in Manhattan is still terrible and litterly
has to be brought to a window to get enough signal to operate.

I've opened a trouble ticket and we'll see what happens next.

I know it has to be their service because I'm using it in the same
locations I used it for the last year, and used my Star Tac for the
previous three year and my Sony for a year before that :-)

Verizon has to have messed something up but I'm not sure how one
pressures them substantially enough to do something about it.

The service I'm getting now is what my friends get on T Mobile on a
regular basis. I'd hate to be locked into a 2 year contract with VZ,
while receiving T Mobile level service :-)

Louise
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:43:37 PM

> Just turned my phone back on this Monday and it works fine now. My
> friend has been on analog for 2 days also, in Midland county. But the
> funny thing is was my wife had great signal all weekend. So theres at
> least 3 phones that I know of that had little or no service with one
> phone working great. I have not been able to figure that one out. So
> far all day my phone and my friends have worked great. All on the same
> plan. Any thoughts????????????

Compare the PRL codes and firmware codes among the phones. I have been
having similar problems in Queens/Nassau.

reply address bot resistant and human safe
June 10, 2004 5:02:07 PM

>> Just turned my phone back on this Monday and it works fine now. My
>> friend has been on analog for 2 days also, in Midland county. But the
>> funny thing is was my wife had great signal all weekend. So theres at
>> least 3 phones that I know of that had little or no service with one
>> phone working great. I have not been able to figure that one out. So
>> far all day my phone and my friends have worked great. All on the same
>> plan. Any thoughts????????????

Don't know if it's related, but a few days ago in Westchester, NY, I
couldn't get a digital signal (in a place where I've ALWAYS had a
strong digital signal) and my phone reverted to analog.

-Joel
June 11, 2004 4:31:32 AM

In article <jZYxc.8390$Il2.1131581@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
joel@exc.com says...
> >> Just turned my phone back on this Monday and it works fine now. My
> >> friend has been on analog for 2 days also, in Midland county. But the
> >> funny thing is was my wife had great signal all weekend. So theres at
> >> least 3 phones that I know of that had little or no service with one
> >> phone working great. I have not been able to figure that one out. So
> >> far all day my phone and my friends have worked great. All on the same
> >> plan. Any thoughts????????????
>
> Don't know if it's related, but a few days ago in Westchester, NY, I
> couldn't get a digital signal (in a place where I've ALWAYS had a
> strong digital signal) and my phone reverted to analog.
>
> -Joel

Is it fixed now?

I'm on the upper west side and am losing and dropping calls - walking
from one room to another suddenly produces a no signal found when it had
always found enough signal in the past.

I've now tried 3 phones, all with the same results and I'm wondering if
the problem has spread to Westchesrter (I'm on the upper west side).

Louise
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 5:23:00 PM

Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b32ffad70ce40d0989704@news.newsguy.com>...
> In article <jZYxc.8390$Il2.1131581@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> joel@exc.com says...
> >
> > Don't know if it's related, but a few days ago in Westchester, NY, I
> > couldn't get a digital signal (in a place where I've ALWAYS had a
> > strong digital signal) and my phone reverted to analog.
> >
> > -Joel
> >

> Is it fixed now?
>
> I'm on the upper west side and am losing and dropping calls - walking
> from one room to another suddenly produces a no signal found when it had
> always found enough signal in the past.
>
> I've now tried 3 phones, all with the same results and I'm wondering if
> the problem has spread to Westchesrter (I'm on the upper west side).
>
> Louise

If you wish to check what areas of coverage are effected by each PRL
change, check out...

Mountain Wireless PRL Page

http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm

-
David
June 12, 2004 3:50:03 AM

In article <e1705cb3.0406111223.46efad2c@posting.google.com>,
davidlind@my-deja.com says...
> Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b32ffad70ce40d0989704@news.newsguy.com>...
> > In article <jZYxc.8390$Il2.1131581@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> > joel@exc.com says...
> > >
> > > Don't know if it's related, but a few days ago in Westchester, NY, I
> > > couldn't get a digital signal (in a place where I've ALWAYS had a
> > > strong digital signal) and my phone reverted to analog.
> > >
> > > -Joel
> > >

> > Is it fixed now?
> >
> > I'm on the upper west side and am losing and dropping calls - walking
> > from one room to another suddenly produces a no signal found when it had
> > always found enough signal in the past.
> >
> > I've now tried 3 phones, all with the same results and I'm wondering if
> > the problem has spread to Westchesrter (I'm on the upper west side).
> >
> > Louise
>

> If you wish to check what areas of coverage are effected by each PRL
> change, check out...
>
> Mountain Wireless PRL Page
>
> http://www.mountainwireless.com/prl.htm
>
> -
> David

Thanks - good thing to know about for the future.
!