Computer
Local Disk (C:)
Documents & Settings
Bob
My Documents
Test Word Document
Capn Bob's Documents
Test Word Document

A test word document showed that it was stored in three places. Which folder
is dominant? Is there a way to consolidate My Documents?
--
Capn Bob

Hi Capn Bob

I just had a few questions for you. Was this a new file you created after
installing XP or was this a file that was in ME?

The dominant folder now should be C:\Documents and Settings\capn bob

the C:\My Documents is the Win ME dominant folder and thats why it's still
there from your upgrade

you can just move all the contents of that folder over to the windows XP
folder and then delete it to avoid any future confusion.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:17:24 -0800, Capn Bob wrote:

> My folder structure looks like this:
> Desktop
> My Documents
> Test Word Document
> Computer
> Local Disk (C:)
> Documents & Settings
> Bob
> My Documents
> Test Word Document
> Capn Bob's Documents
> Test Word Document
>

> A test word document showed that it was stored in three places. Which folder
> is dominant? Is there a way to consolidate My Documents?

There is only one test word document. What you are seeing is three
different ways to access the same file.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User