Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Why every time i use spanish characters on my web page, it shows small little
squares instead?
--
Jfern

That's because the font being used to display those characters doesn't have
the required shapes to display spanish characters (although they are latin
chars).

Try using another font, like Arial.

"Jack" wrote:

> Why every time i use spanish characters on my web page, it shows small little
> squares instead?
> --
> Jfern

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Sorry, I have changed fonts and did not work, only works when I paste the
page on
my text area.
Thanks

"ArunM" wrote:

> That's because the font being used to display those characters doesn't have
> the required shapes to display spanish characters (although they are latin
> chars).
>
> Try using another font, like Arial.
>
> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > Why every time i use spanish characters on my web page, it shows small little
> > squares instead?
> > --
> > Jfern

robin

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:25:02 -0800, "Jack"
<Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry, I have changed fonts and did not work, only works when I paste the
>page on
>my text area.
>Thanks
>
>"ArunM" wrote:
>
>> That's because the font being used to display those characters doesn't have
>> the required shapes to display spanish characters (although they are latin
>> chars).
>>
>> Try using another font, like Arial.
>>
>> "Jack" wrote:
>>
>> > Why every time i use spanish characters on my web page, it shows small little
>> > squares instead?
>> > --
>> > Jfern
How exactly are you putting them into your web page? Normally
non-ASCII characters, which includes all the accented characters, need
to be coded as &xxx; where xxx is a number, for example &130; is é (e
acute) or é (that may not be exact, I'm guessing it from
memory) can also be used. So if you prepared your HTML in a text
editor you may well have this problem. But if you use a WYSIWYG
program like Mozilla it is done automatically.

Robin
Clarity Translations
Fokestone.