A7N8X BIOS/Logo editing

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Anyone had any luck replacing the full screen logo in the bios? Know of any utilities to do so? I haven't found anything obvious yet.

<font color=purple> You know its bad when license plate letters all look like file extensions </font color=purple>

RCPilot

Champion
Well it's like this, that screen shows up for about 2 seconds during boot. To see it you've got to hit pause & stop the boot. It actually slows down the boot a tad bit I believe. So I disabled it, just like the post reporter, the woman's voice. My boot is faster than she can talk. So what's the point? I thought it would be a way cool feature when I got the boards with that feature on them myself though.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
I have mine disabled as well. I just want to have a custom screen for LAN parties and showing off when the need arises. Just a nice little extra touch. Guess I'll keep searching.

<font color=purple> You know its bad when license plate letters all look like file extensions </font color=purple>

RCPilot

Champion
Well you can do that, but you'll have to hit pause when it's up in order for them to see it & be impressed, but you'll have to be dam fast. Then you'll have to hit escape & it will ask you if you want to boot from where?? Wouldn't give the best impression at a lan party I'm afraid. I wanted to do some cool stuff with it also when I read my board could do it. That's until I booted it, what a joke!!!

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Well, mine stays up for a good 2 seconds. Plenty of time for the ol' pause button. Come on man, I know it's not practical, but I know what I'm doing. Besides, a 2 second flash is perfect if the picture is right. It can make people go, "Did I see what I thought I saw?" Heh, quit trying to smash my dreams damnit.

RCPilot

Champion
Wow, sorry. I didn't think it was a big deal.

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Heh, all in good humor. Plus, the fact that it isn't a big deal is the reason I want to do it. It all breaks down to finding something to do to fight the boredom. Anyways, I don't see anything on the Asus website that says the A7N8X is supported by their MyLogo/MyLogo2 utility. Oh well.

RCPilot

Champion
I didn't see the MyLogo2 in the A7N8X, but I didn't look over the BIOS all the well. I have it on my A7V8X so I did some reading in the manual for you, who knows it might help.

It says the MyLogo2 is installed with the ASUS Update. That's how you use it. Bring up ASUS Update, select Update Bios from a file. Specify the location of the BIOS file, click next. Pick your screen, or your own image to become the Logo image. Click next. MyLogo screen will come up & display the image. The next screen prompts you to flash the original BIOS to update it with the new boot logo. When finished, reboot & the new boot logo will show.

The last paragraph is a tip that says:
Instead of starting from ASUS Update, you may also launch ASUS MyLogo2 directly from the Windows Start menu to change your BIOS boot logo. After you have modified the BIOS file with the new logo, use the ASUS Update utility to uplaod the new BIOS into the EEPROM.

Maybe that will help you. It might be there & you not know how to get to it. If it's not, It was wroth your looking, I guess. I would think that it has something in the manual that came with the board. But I do know the manual with the Nforce is half the size of mine with VIA. The manual really sucks to me anyway.

Look over the CD real well also. There's some tabs on the top that take you to utilities. I believe that's where MyLogo2 is on my CD anyway.

Hope that helped you get there for sure. Great Gaming to you!!!

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Hey, it never hurts to state the obvious. Thanks for taking the time. I did all of the same stuff you mentioned but had no luck. The option for MyLogo is grayed out in the AsusUpdate utility and it did not install a stand alone application. I guess it detects the motherboard and if it's on the list, it installs MyLogo. I also scoured the CD looking for it but it isn't there. I guess this means that Asus either plans on adding support later or not at all.

AMD XP 2200+, A7N8X, 512mb PC3200 XMS DDR, Geforce3 Ti-500, Audigy Platinum, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro