SOS keyboard problem

peerless

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi everybody I am new.
I have a problem with my hp laptop. it is a pavillon N5425.
I would like to ask whether this model offers an hotkey that locks the
keyboard.
Two days ago i was working with my laptop. when suddenly as I was
typing nothing was being written. i touched all the keys, NADA. as if
it was locked.
I am desprate. I don't want to believe my keyboard suddenly burned or
that a bus that links it to the motherborad fried :? :cry: .
Can you help me??? PLEASE.

By the way, i connected an external keyboard, from which I am typing
right now. it works. I also tried to uninstall my keyboard and reboot
and see what happens. still my keyborad not responding, though this
time at evry launch i have an error message saying that they couldn't
find the DRI_KBfiltr, somthing like that. I didn't understand the
message but I have a strong belief that it is related to my
keyboard.

So is there any HP nice Doctor to help me have my keyborad's life
back??? :(

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Peerless

Looks like it's something to do with Multimedia Hotkeys driver.

Try this (I haven't tried it myself - found it on the internet):

1. Start / Run / msconfig / OK.
2. Select the Startup tab.
3. Clear the cpatr10 check box.
4. Press OK.