Unable to install Epson EPL-6800L on Win7 x64.

bengal007

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Fellow colleagues,

I have recently picked up a rather old Epson EPL-5800L, which I was unable to successfully install on a Windows 7 OS.

According to the manufacturer's website, there are no Windows 7 drivers available for this printer. Hardware-wise, the printer iworks fine and has happily installed using an NT 4.0 driver under Windows XP 32-bit.

I have so far tried running the available Windows 2000/NT 4.0 driver in the required compatibility mode and with full 'Admin' rights but with no luck as the OS reports that the driver is not compatibile.

Looking for an alternative solution, I have tried EPL-5900, EPL-6100L and EPL-6200L drivers. Whereas ELP-5900 and EPL6200L would not even attempt to communicate with the printer, EPL-6100L results in an instant error light coming up. As there is no software control panel, I can only presume that the driver has been written for a slightly different printing processor.

I have also replied to Epson asking whether the printer is PostScript enabled as there is no obvious indication in the specification sheet but got some generic instructions. A transcript of that conversation will be attached attached to this post within next couple of days.

I would appreciate if you could look into the issue and share your suggestions on how to get the device working under Windows 7 x64 [Ultimate, updated with the lastest 'compatibility' KBs]

Many thanks.

Dominic

Legoles

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hi Dominic,

I have just the same problem that you.. I allready tried to intall another drivers with same result that you...

could you finally got a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Carles.

bengal007

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Carles,

My suggestion would be to install Service Pack 1. Accroding to Microsoft, it contains several patches which increase backward driver compatibility. Failng that, you could attempt to once more reinstall the driver using the XP compatibility mode.

As I was unable to get the printer to work myself, I now gave it away.

Do let me know what was the outcome.

Best wishes.

TRENDING THREADS