message box pops up about virtual memory

everyday i have a box that pops up down in the right hand corner of my screen
saying that i don't have enough virtual memory and that it is upgrading to
add more space. question is is there a way to clean out the virtual memory
bank or whatever so that it will stop doing this?

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm
--
Ted Zieglar