Acquired XP Pro problems-To much junk running at startup

After log-in I look in task manager & see all kinds of apps running. Where
do I go to stop this stuff from loading at start-up?

Also, how do I log on as administrator?

I try to get HELP but Explorer never loads the docs.

AHHH, Help.
6 answers Last reply
More about acquired problems junk running startup

    I can not run sfc/scannow at run, could anyone give me help. Thanks

    jlino56 wrote:
    > After log-in I look in task manager & see all kinds of apps running.
    > Where do I go to stop this stuff from loading at start-up?

    On the Start/Run line type: msconfig When that opens click the Startup
    tab to see what all is being loaded each time you boot.

    > Also, how do I log on as administrator?

    Boot into Safe Mode as one method. If you only see one name on the Welcome
    screen that most likely you are the system administrator.

    --

    ....Sky

    ================

    bynaryadict wrote:
    > I can not run sfc/scannow at run, could anyone give me help. Thanks

    Hi;

    Why do you think you need to run that? That are probably better options
    available for most issues.

    --

    ....Sky

    ================

    Thanks Sky, being a new user,what might be the better options, you don't
    say....

    bynaryadict wrote:
    > Thanks Sky, being a new user,what might be the better options, you don't
    > say....

    I can't say what other options you may have until I know why you want to run
    SFC. What is the problem you are trying to correct?

    --

    ....Sky

    ================

    Check out www.blackviper.com for what and how to manage XP
    start-up.

    "Sky King" <skyking@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | bynaryadict wrote:
    | > Thanks Sky, being a new user,what might be the better
    options, you don't
    | > say....
    |
    | I can't say what other options you may have until I know
    why you want to run
    | SFC. What is the problem you are trying to correct?
    |
    | --
    |
    | ...Sky

Junk Windows XP