Acquired XP Pro problems-To much junk running at startup

After log-in I look in task manager & see all kinds of apps running. Where
do I go to stop this stuff from loading at start-up?

Also, how do I log on as administrator?

I try to get HELP but Explorer never loads the docs.

AHHH, Help.

I can not run sfc/scannow at run, could anyone give me help. Thanks

jlino56 wrote:
> After log-in I look in task manager & see all kinds of apps running.
> Where do I go to stop this stuff from loading at start-up?

On the Start/Run line type: msconfig When that opens click the Startup
tab to see what all is being loaded each time you boot.

> Also, how do I log on as administrator?

Boot into Safe Mode as one method. If you only see one name on the Welcome
screen that most likely you are the system administrator.

--

....Sky

================

bynaryadict wrote:
> I can not run sfc/scannow at run, could anyone give me help. Thanks

Hi;

Why do you think you need to run that? That are probably better options
available for most issues.

--

....Sky

================

Thanks Sky, being a new user,what might be the better options, you don't
say....

bynaryadict wrote:
> Thanks Sky, being a new user,what might be the better options, you don't
> say....

I can't say what other options you may have until I know why you want to run
SFC. What is the problem you are trying to correct?

--

....Sky

Check out www.blackviper.com for what and how to manage XP
start-up.