Please re-install ntoskrnl.exe

While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Please re-install a copy of this above file.

How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?
3 answers Last reply
More about please install ntoskrnl

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Windows Could Not Start...(Missing Ntoskrnl.exe)"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103673

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error
    > message:
    >
    > Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    > <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
    >
    > Please re-install a copy of this above file.
    >
    > How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

    This article is about a system with IBM OS/2 version 2.x. My system does not
    have IBM OS/2.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following article helps:
    >
    > "Windows Could Not Start...(Missing Ntoskrnl.exe)"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103673
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error
    > > message:
    > >
    > > Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    > > <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
    > >
    > > Please re-install a copy of this above file.
    > >
    > > How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

    Sorry - wrong link. Try this one:

    http://www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co1.htm

    --

    > This article is about a system with IBM OS/2 version 2.x. My system does
    > not
    > have IBM OS/2.
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please see if the following article helps:
    >>
    >> "Windows Could Not Start...(Missing Ntoskrnl.exe)"
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103673
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error
    >> > message:
    >> >
    >> > Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
    >> > corrupt:
    >> > <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
    >> >
    >> > Please re-install a copy of this above file.
    >> >
    >> > How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

System32 Ntoskrnl.Exe Windows XP